90-minute webinar to learn the latest about the CDC’s Eviction Moratorium Order.
Jump to a section
Legal and Regulatory
- Battling the Pandemic: The Impact of Vaccines on Apartment Employees
The COVID-19 vaccine rollout means that the rental housing industry apartment communities will have decisions to make regarding their approach to vaccine policies. Length: 57 minutes. Released February 24th 2021.
- We're Better Together. Presenter Jon Sons, Director of Training and Marketing Strategies for Burlington Capital Properties, examines mental health and the importance of managing people. Length: 23 minutes. Released August 13, 2020.
- What To Do If Employees Test Positive for COVID-19. Presenter Ayiesha Beverly, NAA Senior Staff Attorney, National Lease Program, examines what to do if an employee tests positive for COVID-19. Length: 16 minutes. Released July 23, 2020.
- 5 Suprising Lockdown Behaviors to Bring Back to the Office. Presenter Ben Fanning, #1 best-selling author, Inc. Magazine columnist and corporate trainer, provides employees, from onsite team members to C-Suite executives, with a blueprint of efficiency to follow upon their return to the office. Length: 59 minutes. Released: July 14, 2020.
- Short Term Rentals in a Post-Pandemic World. Presenters Mickey Kropf, Co-Founder and CEO of Vector Travel; Cliff Johnson, Chief Commercial Officer for Rented.com; Vanessa Sturgeon, President and CEO for TMT Development; and Erik Eccles, Director for Airbnb, give the scoop on business models, corporate leasing, revenue, KPIs and operations, trends and opportunities going forward, and strategies for mitigating vacancy loss and generating ancillary income through short-term rentals. Lenth: 56 minutes. Released July 10, 2020.
- Trends in Resident Screening. Presented by Patrick Hennessey, VP/GM for Yardi Systems, and Julie Domaingue, Team Leader, Yardi Systems, this webinar takes a look at trends in resident screening amid COVID-19, including application data, criteria adjustments, evaluating and verifying applicant income and mitigating application fraud. Length: 20 minutes. Released July 1, 2020.
- Maintenance During... The Thing. Presented by Ray Hespen, Co-Founder and CEO at Property Meld, this webinar examines maintenance data surrounding COVID-19, the importance of addressing deferred maintenance and how to strategically tackle the dreaded backlog. Length: 19 minutes. Released June 22, 2020.
- Renters and the Pandemic: An Inside Look at the Resident Experience. Presented by Lia Nichole Smith and Jennifer Carter of ApartmentRatings and SatisFacts, as well as NAA's Paula Munger. Length: 60 minutes. Released June 12. Supplementary materials include:
SatisFacts COVID-19 National Renter Survey - Round 2
- NAA/IREM Survey of Owners and Operators - Presented by Paula Munger, NAA AVP of Industry Research & Analysis. Length: 9 minutes. Released May 27.
- The COVID-19 Pandemic: Assessing Impacts on The Economy, Household Sentiment and the Apartment Market - This in-depth webinar, presented by CoStar Group and the National Apartment Association (NAA), explores how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting the outlook for the U.S. economy, household behavior, market-level performance and offers key findings from a recent NAA survey of owners and operators. Length: 51 minutes. Released Thursday, April 30.
- Working With Your Loan Servicers - Important information for property owners regarding mortgage forbearance featuring professionals from the Mortgage Bankers Association. Length: 60 minutes.
- Re-Opening Amenity Spaces: The How + What - Presented by Stephanie Anderson, NAA Manager of Operations. Length: 19 minutes. Released May 8.
- Package Management During COVID-19: Exceeding Resident Expectations - Presented by Jessica Eberbach, Education and Development Manager for Trilogy Residential Management. Length: 13 minutes. Released May 7.
- Transitioning Employees Back Into the Workplace - Presented by Stephanie Anderson, NAA Manager of Operations. Length: 27 minutes. Released May 6.
- Quarantine Marketing: Turning Isolation Into Action - While the COVID-19 pandemic has created many challenges, it also provides an opportunity to learn new skills and find new ways to connect. Presented by Katie Rigsby, National Speaker and President of Katie Rigsby Inspires, LLC. Length: 16 minutes. Released May 5, 2020.
- The Move-In & Move-Out Processes - NAA takes a look at how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting the move-in and move-out processes, as well as the best practices for personal protective equipment (PPE) and how communication is the new marketing. Presented by Megan Orser, Game Changer and CEO of Smart Apartment Solutions and Smart Apartment Management. Length: 20 minutes. Released May 4, 2020.
- Restless Residents and Maintenance on the Front Line - As shelter-in-place orders persist across the country, NAA looks at the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on residents and maintenance staff. Presented by Mary Gwyn, Chief Innovator, Apartment Dynamics. Length: 14 minutes. Released May 1, 2020.
- How "Reopening the Economy" Impacts Multifamily Management - Stage 3 - Part 4 of 4: NAA examines the effects of reopening the economy on the rental housing industry. Presented by Rich George, NOI Coach, and Doug Chasick, The Apartment Doctor. Length: 22 minutes. Released April 30, 2020.
- How "Reopening the Economy" Impacts Multifamily Management - Stage 2 - Part 3 of 4: NAA examines the effects of reopening the economy on the rental housing industry. Presented by Rich George, NOI Coach, and Doug Chasick, The Apartment Doctor. Length: 23 minutes. Released April 29, 2020.
- How "Reopening the Economy" Impacts Multifamily Management - Stage 1 - Part 2 of 4: NAA examines the effects of reopening the economy on the rental housing industry. Presented by Rich George, NOI Coach, and Doug Chasick, The Apartment Doctor. Length: 19 minutes. Released April 28, 2020.
- How "Reopening the Economy" Impacts Multifamily Management - Overview - Part 1 of 4: NAA examines the effects of reopening the economy on the rental housing industry. Presented by Rich George, NOI Coach, and Doug Chasick, The Apartment Doctor. Length: 13 minutes. Released April 27, 2020.
- Self-Service Tours: Creating a High-Touch Experience in a No-Contact World - NAA takes a look at self-service tours and how to create a great experience in a no-contact world. Presented by Kristi Fickert, Senior Vice President of Engagement and Growth for 30 Lines. Length: 12 minutes. Released April 24, 2020.
- Preparing for the Next "New" Normal - NAA examines maintenance considerations as apartment communities contend with the effects of COVID-19, as well as planning ahead for future maintenance concerns. Length: 16 minutes. Released April 23, 2020.
- VAWA Reminders During COVID-19 - NAA reviews considerations for continued compliance with the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). Presented by Ellen Clark, Sr. Director of Content for Grace Hill. Length: 19 minutes. Released April 21, 2020.
- Reputation Management During COVID-19 - NAA evaluates reputation management considerations stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic. Presented by Mindy Price, NAAEI Faculty and Vice President of Sales for J Turner Research. Length: 19 minutes. Released April 20, 2020.
- COVID-19 Effect on Rent Collection - Examining the ways in which the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting the collection of rent. Presented by Mindy Price, NAAEI Faculty and Vice President of Sales for J Turner Research. Length: 8 minutes. Released April 17, 2020.
- Vacant Apartment Maintenance During COVID-19 - NAA offers an overview of the best practices for vacant apartment maintenance during COVID-19. Presented by Paul Rhodes, NAAEI National Safety & Maintenance Instructor. Length: 10 minutes. Released April 15, 2020.
- Disruption: Social-Distancing Edition - Examining the ways in which the COVID-19 is disrupting the world of property management. Presented by Megan Orser, Game Changer & CEO, Smart Apartment Solutions and Smart Move Management. Length: 22 minutes. Released April 14, 2020.
- Exploring the Updated NAA Coronavirus Guidance Page - Touring NAA resources and guidance dedicated to the COVID-19 pandemic. Presented by Stephanie Anderson, Manager of Industry Operations. Length: 9 minutes. Released April 13, 2020.
- Maintenance During COVID-19: Protecting Residents and Ourselves - NAA examines how to keep residents and technicians alike safe while attending to maintenance and service requests during the COVID-19 outbreak. Presented by Paul Rhodes, NAAEI National Maintenance and Safety Instructor. Length: 10 minutes. Released April 7, 2020.
- Virtual Leasing: Providing Excellent Service - NAA offers guidance for best practices concerning virtual leasing. Presented by Christi Wedel, Training Manager for PRESIDIUM. Length: 13 minutes. Released April 6, 2020.
- Amenity Awareness - NAA takes a look at a host of considerations for how to address amenities in the face of COVID-19. Presented by Paul Rhodes, NAAEI National Maintenance and Safety Instructor. Length: 13 minutes. Released April 2, 2020
- Best Practices For Property Managers: Rent Collection, Late Fees, Filings, Payment Plans - NAA provides guidance on a host of pressing issues concerning rent collection in the face of COVID-19. Guidance is presented by William P. Cannon III, Principal, Offit Kurman Attorneys at Law. Length: 26 minutes. Released March 31, 2020.
- Shelter in Place: Restrictions on Business Operations - NAA offers guidance related to shelter-in-place orders and what they mean for business operations. Guidance is presented by Nicole Upano, NAA Director of Public Policy. Length: 16 minutes. Released March 26, 2020.
- My Resident Tested Positive for COVID-19, Now What? - NAA offers operational insight for how to handle a resident testing positive for COVID-19. Guidance is presented by Ayiesha Beverly, NAA Senior Staff Attorney, National Lease Program. Length: 11 minutes. Released March 24, 2020.
- How to Handle Maintenance During COVID-19 - NAA provides insight into how to handle maintenance during the spread of COVID-19. Guidance is presented by Paul Rhodes, NAA National Safety and Maintenance Instructor. Length: 12 minutes. Released March 20, 2020.
- Managing Properties in the Age of Coronavirus - Bisnow hosted a webinar with NAA and IREM experts and members Barry Blanton, CPM® and Pat Hutchison, CPM®. The webinar covers strategic planning for property owners and managers, specifically looking at continuity of business planning, reviewing lease agreements in case of business disruptions, creating healthy and hygienic work and living environments and strategies for resident and tenant communications. Length: 1 hour. Released March 19, 2020.
- Coronavirus Outbreak: What Real Estate Managers Need to Know - NAA and the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) hosted managers from both rental housing and commercial management for a live panel discussion on addressing the spread of COVID-19 and developing policies and procedures around the coronavirus. Length: 1 hour. Released March 10, 2020.
- Balancing Work, School and Childcare - NAA's Stephanie Anderson, Industry Operations Manager, offers insight into how do balance life as a working parent amid the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting the balance of work, school and childcare. Released Friday, September 4. Length: 17 minutes.
- A New World: Guiding Through Change - Change is challenging, and affects people differently. NAA looks at actions leaders should take to better manage the process of change. Presented by Donje Putnam, Director of Marketing and Compliance for Signature Management Corp. Length: 16 minutes. Released April 20, 2020.
- Sharing Your Humanity in a Socially Distant World - NAA examines how to overcome the hurdles created by the need for social distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19. Presented by Steve Wunch, National Speaker and Account Executive for KNOCK. Length: 14 minutes. Released April 9, 2020.
- Three Tips for Emotional Resilience - NAA offers 3 tips for leveraging emotional resilience to overcome adversity. Presented by Amy Kosnikowski Dilisio, National Speaker, Indusry Educator and Consultant. Length: 21 minutes. Released April 7, 2020.
- Being Heard Above the Noise: Continuous Communication With Employees - NAA looks at how constant employee contact is critical during COVID-19. Presented by Mary Gywn, Chief Innovator, Apartment Dynamics. Length: 14 minutes. Released April 6, 2020.
- Maintaining Healthy Relationships During Stressful Times - An in-depth presentation of how to keep relationships healthy amid the stresses of COVID-19. Presented by Rommel Anacan, President of The Relationship Difference. Length: 12 minutes. Released April 1, 2020.
- The Importance of Continued Training - A closer examination of why continuing training is important during COVID-19. Guidance is presented by Joy Zalaznick, Director of Training and Development for Kettler. Length: 14 minutes. Released March 30, 2020.
- Teleworking Amid COVID-19 - NAA shares guidance that will be helpful as organizations transition from normal business operations to working remotely. Guidance is presented by Nancy Carbone, NAA Senior Vice President, Human Resources & Administration. Length: 6 minutes. Released March 18, 2020.
- Coronavirus Outbreak: What Employers Should Know - NAA is releasing a series of in-depth webinars to provide guidance to the apartment industry for addressing the spread of COVID-19. Length: 1 hour. Released March 26, 2020.
- GART Presents: Eviction Moratoria, Advocacy Strategies and Insights - The special, extended installment of the GART Virtual Learning Series for a discussion of advocacy strategies and introduce new NAA research to help you improve the effectiveness of your eviction-related advocacy. If you are a governement affairs professional or association staff contemplating the best way to protect the rental housing industry, this session is for you! Length: 1 hour, 17 minutes. Released October 15.
- GART Presents: Forming Non-Traditional Partnerships During COVID-19 - The second installment of the GART Virtual Learning Series delves into the power of relationships and stakeholder engagement. Learn how government affairs professionals use non-traditional partnerships to help get the rental housing industry’s policy goals over the finish line. Featuring Nicola Whiteman, Esq., Senior Vice President of Government Affairs, Apartment & Office Building Association of Metropolitan Washington (AOBA-Metro); Brett Waller, Director of Government Affairs, Washington Multifamily Housing Association (WMFHA); and Sam Gilboard, Manager of Public Policy, National Apartment Association (NAA). Length: 42 minutes. Released September 17.
- GART Presents: Crafting a Rental Assistance Program During the COVID-19 Crisis - Join NAA as we explore how to optimize federal, state and local funding sources and implement a successful rental assistance program. Featuring: Greg Brown, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs, National Apartment Association; Seth D. Appleton, Assistant Secretary for Policy Development & Research, HUD; Hector Morales, Director of Government Relations, San Antonio Apartment Association; Allison Cohen, Government Relations Manager, San Antonio Apartment Association; Paul Smith, Executive Director, Utah Apartment Association. Length: 51 minutes. Released August 26, 2020.
- Safely Reopening Amid COVID-19 - This webinar covers guidelines during COVID-19 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), reopening plans for employees such as communications and maintaining a safe work environment, as well as landlord-tenant issues for residents and prospective residents including liability of virus transmission in common areas and amenities, and resident health privacy issues. Length: 62 minutes. Released August 27.
- Tax Resources for Weathering the COVID-19 Emergency - This webinar explains the tax provisions included in the three major pieces of legislation enacted since the COVID-19 emergency began, as well as relevant guidance issued by the Internal Revenue Service. Length: 1 hour, 2 minutes. Released April 22.
- NAA Grassroots Campaigns for COVID-19 - NAA explains how the industry is responding at a grassroots level to make federal policymakers aware of the needs of the apartment industry and how to get involved. Presented by Jim Wilson, Ph.D., NAA Director of Political Affairs. Length: 19 minutes. Released April 16, 2020.
- Paycheck Protection Program Under the CARES Act - NAA and Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP invite you to view this important webinar which tackles common questions surrounding the PPP and explores its implications for rental housing owners and operators.
- New COVID-19 Federal Laws - NAA offers an examination of new federal legislation aimed at addressing the spread of COVID-19. Guidance is presented by Greg Brown, NAA Senior Vice President of Government Affairs. Length: 21 minutes. Released March 30, 2020.
- Legislative and Regulatory Updates - NAA provides a property management-focused legislative and regulatory update in light of the spread of COVID-19. Guidance is presented by Nicole Upano, NAA Director of Public Policy. Length: 11 minutes. Released March 19, 2020.
- How to Respond to Media - NAA offers guidance for crisis communications and handling media inquiries during the spread of COVID-19. Guidance is presented by Todd Usher, NAA Manager of Public Relations. Length: 10 minutes. Released March 23, 2020.
- Guidance for Suppliers Amid COVID-19 - NAA provides insight for rental housing industry suppliers amid COVID-19. Guidance is presented by Kirk Downey, Chairman of the NAA National Suppliers Council (NSC) and COO of Liberty Rent. Length: 6 minutes. Released March 25, 2020.