NAA’s Diversity Leadership Program (DLP) provides up to 15 individuals of diverse backgrounds an opportunity to develop as rental housing industry leaders for free, in a hybrid setting. With a complimentary registration to 2024 Apartmentalize, NAA’s largest rental housing conference, you’ll have a chance to network with your mentor, the rest of the DLP Class of 2024 and the entire rental housing industry! This program will foster your professional growth with the prospect of participating on a local or national committee, too. You’ll gain an understanding of how to facilitate healthy conversations around diversity and your cultural background in the workplace; recognize how unconscious biases influences your interactions and views of others and what you can do to contribute to your company’s diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I) efforts. Also, learn how to personalize your career growth plan and position yourself for success in the rental housing industry by using strategic leadership and communications skills.
- Active NAA Membership
- Member of an underrepresented group
- Junior to Mid-Level, with 3-7 years in the rental housing industry
- Updated resume
- Personal Statement
- Professional Reference
- Acknowledgement of support by supervisor
Apply to Participate
Submit your application to be a part of the DLP, Class of 2024.
Apply to Mentor
Submit your application to mentor a Diversity Leadership Program participant.
If you would like to nominate an individual from a marginalized group that is an emerging leader in the rental housing industry, please submit a nomination form. All nominees will be contacted to complete and submit an online application once the call opens on September 18.
Diversity Leadership Program participants are required to attend monthly virtual sessions and NAA's Apartmentalize Conference.
- March - November 2024: Monthly Virtual Sessions (Education Sessions, Reading Discussions, Capstone Calls and Mentor Calls)
- June 19-21, 2024: Apartmentalize (Philadelphia, PA)
Note: All selected candidates are responsible for travel expenses for attending Apartmentalize.
- September 18, 2023: Applications Open
- November 17, 2023: Applications Due
- November 18, 2023 - January 12, 2024: Application Review
- January 18, 2024: Selected Applicants Notified
- TBD: Diversity Leadership Program Kick-Off Call
The much-anticipated announcement was made on February 7, 2023, view press release here. Members of NAA’s Diversity Leadership Program, Class of 2023 are the next generation of leaders with a lot of ideas for the rental housing industry.