Certified Apartment Manager
Certified Apartment Manager Credential Program Synopsis
Earning your CAM credential allows you to demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and ability to manage an apartment community and achieve owners’ investment goals.
You'll learn about:
- Occupancy rates
- Comprehensive marketing plans
- Sales team management and product readiness
- Equitable treatment of current and potential residents
- Resident retention and the maintenance of a positive company image
- Consistent and ongoing resident communication
- Positive resident service and issue resolution
- Enforcement of company policy in compliance with laws and regulations
- Property inspections
- Preventive maintenance programs
- Service request process
- Apartment turnover process
- Contractors and vendors
- Recruitment, hiring, orientation and training of high-caliber employees
- Systematic employee evaluation
- Employment regulations and record keeping
- Analysis of the property’s financial operations with corrective actions for underperformance
- Monitoring of property performance to achieve the owner’s investment goals
- Accounting principles and practices
- Maximizing net operating income
- Reporting property performance honestly and accurately
To obtain the CAM credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of 12 months of onsite property management experience
- Successful completion of all CAM coursework (totaling 40 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within 12 months of declaring candidacy
Take this CAM Self-Assessment tool to see whether you are ready for CAM.
Enroll in the Program
Courses may be taken as standalone seminars or in full to earn the industry credential. NAAEI credential programs are scheduled by local and state affiliates and consist of individual courses.
Step 1: Find a course at your local and state affiliate
Step 2: After you have registered with your local or state affiliate, enroll as a candidate in the CAM program.
You can also earn your CAM credential online on a schedule that works for you.
Don't Forget to Claim Your Digital Badge!
Once you have earned the CAM credential, you will receive an email from ProExam Vault with an invitation to claim your Digital Badge, which allows you to market yourself as an apartment professional with valuable skills.
Renewing Your CAM Credential
The CAM credential requires annual renewal based on the anniversary date of completion. Submission of both annual CAM dues of $100 and documentation of six hours of continuing education credits should be submitted to complete the annual CAM renewal.