Independent Rental Owner Professional
Credential Program Synopsis
You'll learn about:
- Key elements of successful rental unit ownership
- Preparing and managing a budget
- Planning taxes strategically
- Establishing relationships with code department representatives
- Protecting and insuring your investment
- Increasing your property's energy efficiency to increase market value
- Screening, hiring, and traning employees
- Scheduling unit inspections for preventive maintenance
- Establishing rental rates and marketing to find residents
- Qualifying residents and complying with fair housing laws
- Considering the important elements of an enforceable lease
- Owner liability, rent collection, security deposits, and eviction
- Developing turnkey rental unit preparation and resident move-in processes
- Showing the rental unit and qualifying and screening prospective residents
- Managing resident retention and terminating leases
Choose Your Program:
Find a course at your local or state affiliate.
Purchase the online IROP program.
Don't Forget to Claim Your Digital Badge!
Once you have earned the IROP credential, you will receive an email from ProExam Vault with an invitation to claim your Digital Badge, which allows you to market yourself as an apartment professional with valuable skills.