Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor
Credential Program Synopsis
Earning your CAPS takes you to the next level in property management. It fast-tracks your career advancement and your corresponding earning potential.
You'll learn about:
- Recruiting high-performing employees
- Employee performance, engagement, and retention
- Minimizing conflict through stakeholder communications
- Ethical behavior and conflicts of interest
- Annual operating budgets and owner performance objectives
- Property and portfolio results
- Due diligence process
- Property takeover process
- Capital improvement plans
- Managing risk through inspections, follow-up procedures, and incident reporting compliance
- Minimizing legal risk and liability
- Regulatory agency oversight of assisted housing
- Analyzing property performance data to inform action
- Management agreements
- Evaluating and reporting property performance using key performance indicators
To obtain the CAPS credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of 24 months employment as a multi-site supervisor or be either a CAM, ARM or RAM credential holder in good standing.
- Successful completion of all CAPS course work (totaling 40 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within 12 months of declaring candidacy
Enroll in the Program
The NAAEI Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor credential programs are scheduled by local and state affiliates.
Step 1: Find a course at your local and state affiliate.
Step 2: After you have registered with your local affiliate, enroll as a candidate in the CAPS program.
Don't Forget to Claim Your Digital Badge!
Once you have earned the CAPS credential, you will receive an email from ProExam Vault with an invitation to claim your Digital Badge, which allows you to market yourself as an apartment professional with valuable skills.
Renewing your CAPS Credential
The CAPS credential requires annual renewal based on the anniversary date of completion. Submission of both annual CAPS dues of $100 and documentation of six hours of continuing education credits should be submitted to complete the annual CAPS renewal.