Find answers to frequently asked questions about NAA Membership. Links within the answers will guide you to further information on our website or from other sources.
- How do I join NAA?
- What are the benefits of membership?
- How do I access the Members Only Area?
- What do I do if I can't remember my NAA Login ID or my password for the Members Only Area?
- I requested a new Login ID or password but I haven't received it. What do I do?
- How do I change my password for the member-only content on the website?
- How can I change my address?
- How can I have my Login ID and/or password sent to me?
- Can I update my member profile online?
- Can I use the NAA Logo on my company’s website?
- Are there any online discussion groups I can participate in?
- Can I subscribe to NAA publications without being an NAA member?
- How do I contact my local or state affiliate?
- How can I access the units Magazine archives online?
- I would like to make copies of or reprint an article I read in units. Do I need permission from NAA?
Don't see your question here? Send your membership question to [email protected].
There are three ways your company can join the National Apartment Association:
1) Join a Local NAA Affiliated Organization
To join NAA, you must first contact a state or local NAA affiliated organization in your area to request a membership application. Once you complete an affiliate application, and submit the required payment, you will automatically become a member of the National Apartment Association. Find the NAA Affiliate nearest to your location: Search and browse.
Your NAA local affiliate provides many membership benefits, such as education courses, informational newsletters and/or magazines, and opportunities for sponsorship, advertising and peer networking. Each NAA local affiliate offers a unique blend of membership services that can include opportunities for career enhancement, volunteer leadership and community involvement.
2) Join NAA as a Direct Member
If no NAA affiliate exists in your state or near your company's location, you can join NAA as a Direct Member.
3) Join as an Affiliated Apartment Association
If your apartment association is not affiliated with NAA, you may be eligible to join NAA as an affiliated apartment association. For more information about affiliate charters, call NAA at 703-518-6141.
Visit the NAA Member Benefits page for a complete listing of membership benefits.
To access the Members Only area, log in using your NAA Login ID and password. Your automatically-generated Login ID is included on the mailing label of units Magazine. If you do not have this number, please email us at [email protected], call us at 703-518-6141.
A default password has been set for you, which is the first letter of your first and last name and your zip code. You can change your password after you log in.
If you do not know your Login ID or Password, click "Retrieve Password" and the system will provide you with an alternative way to identify yourself.
If you are new to NAA, please click the "Create an Account" link at the top of the page so we can process your requested action and remember you for future transactions. If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected] or contact NAA by calling 703-518-6141.
Your new Login ID or password will be sent automatically to the email address NAA has on file. Check your SPAM or junkmail folder to see if the message has been deposited in your SPAM filter or folder. If you still have not received the message, NAA may have an outdated or incorrect email address associated with your record. Contact NAA's Membership Department at [email protected] or 703-518-6141 to update your account.
To change your password, go to Login Help.
To update your address, go to My Account after logging in.
If you do not know your Login ID or password, click "Retrieve Password" and the system will provide you with an alternate way to identify yourself.
To update your member profile, go to My Account after logging in.
You can use the NAA Member Logo on your company’s website. Access the NAA Member Logo page to download the files (login required).
For NAA Members Only, please visit the NAA Connect.
Click here to subscribe to units Magazine.
Search the NAA Affiliate Directory to find contact information for your local or state affiliate.
View the Archive.
If you are having difficulty finding an article, please contact the NAA Communications Staff.
15. I would like to make copies of or reprint an article I read in units. Do I need permission from NAA?
Yes. Please contact the Communications department to discuss. In most cases, units will allow reprints and the units staff can provide the files necessary for your publication or meeting. For members, there is no charge.