NAA Connect FAQ
The following questions and answers are the most commonly asked questions about NAA Connect. If your question is not listed below, or you need additional help, please contact Manager of Digital Content, Mary Scott.
- Who can access and use the forums and documents on NAA Connect?
- How do I retrieve my login information?
- How do I join a community, start a forum, reply to a forum, download or share a document?
- I’m logged into the website, but am still receiving notifications that content is for NAA members only. Why can’t I see this if I’m logged in?
- I can’t access a forum or document because I’m not a member of the Community. What does that mean?
- I’m copy and pasting text from Microsoft Word into the website when typing a forum or sharing a document, but it looks funny on the page. Why doesn't it look like it did in Word?
- How do I receive email updates about forum posts?
- What does the “Follow” button do?
- The Community I want to join does not have a “Join” button next to it. How do I join this group?
Members of NAA have full access to all features of NAA Connect. A login is required to verify membership.
Video tutorials are available to help you perform all of those tasks and get connected. Watch the videos now.
Not all individuals with a login are members. It’s possible your membership has lapsed, or there is a database mistake on our end. To check and verify your member status, please contact the Membership Department.
To participate in forums and download some documents, you will need to first join the community they’re posted to. To do this, view the full Community Listings, and click the “Join” button next to the community you’d like to participate in.
If you would like to copy and paste text instead of directly typing into the website, it’s better to paste from Notepad on your computer instead of Word. Microsoft Word and other word processing programs carry a lot of hidden code over that will conflict with the website code, resulting in strange looking formatting.
There is no option to automatically receive emails about every discussion within a specific community. You can choose to receive emails about updates within a specific forum thread however. To do this, check the “Subscribe” box on each discussion thread you want updates for.
Clicking the “Follow” button will send that Forum to your personalized Connect landing page so that you can quickly see updates without too much clicking. It will also send it to Your Forums so that you can check for updates without receiving email notifications.
Some communities are private, such as the Affiliate Staff Community. If you would like to request access to any of these private groups, please contact Digital Content Manager, Mary Scott.