Maintenance is where the rubber meets the road. However, sometimes it seems like maintenance is from Mars and management is from Venus! This leads to mis-understandings, miscommunications, and sometimes even resignations. Vicki Sharp will share a few tips in 20 minutes about building a better relationship with your maintenance team.
In this webinar learn what maintenance wants
- Respect their time. Not everything is an emergency.
- Run interference. When residents complain, find out both sides before reacting.
- Talk to them before making a commitment. Not everything “just takes 5 minutes".
- Bring them out of the shadows. Take advantage of their knowledge, use them to help solve issues.
- Use them. Even though you may be the “boss”, you and your maintenance team are partners in the success of the property.
Truly, maintenance is the magic glue for every site. Take care of them like you wish others took care of you!
This micro-webinar is being presented by the Independent Rental Owners Committee.
In this micro-webinar you will learn:
- How to better understand the work and value of maintenance
- How to build a strong partnership between maintenance and office staff
About the Host
Vicki Sharp, CALP, CAPS, CDPM, Owner, The Sharp Solution
After serving an initial enlistment in the US Army, Vicki began her 40 + year career in Property Management. From Leasing Agent, to Community Manager, to Regional Manager to Vice President, Vicki has truly “walked the walk” of property management, handling a portfolio of up to 15,000 units. Vicki travels about 300 days a year, bringing training and consulting services to apartment associations, and property owners all across the country.