Innovation in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (IDEI) Grant
The National Apartment Association (NAA) seeks to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in the rental housing industry to inspire the next generation and strengthen those whom we work and exist to serve by offering the Innovation in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Grant (IDEI) to worthy organizations. NAA carefully considers each grant application it receives, seeking out organizations whose objectives align with the ideals set forth by NAA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Vision Statement. The statement reads, "As the voice of the rental housing industry, NAA will model inclusion and embrace diverse backgrounds and perspectives to those with whom we work and exist to serve."
NAA will award grants to member associations, property management firms, supplier partners, and related organizations that have innovative ideas and will provide meaningful contributions to our industry. Grants should reflect NAA's dedication to encouraging a workforce environment that is inclusive, supportive, and rich in diversity. NAA’s total pool of funds for the Innovation in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (IDEI) Grant is $25,000 per fiscal year.
Congratulations to the Apartment Association of Greater Orlando, PeakMade Real Estate and Arizona Multihousing Association who were selected as the 2021 Innovation in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (IDEI) Grant recipients. The much-anticipated announcement was made on September 9, 2021, view press release here.
- Current NAA Members
- Grant Proposal Submission Form
- Project Goals + Timeline
- Project Budget
- Potential Impact
- Evaluation Plan
- There is no maximum or minimum number of requests, applications must be submitted from current NAA members in good standing.
- Applicant proposals must be for funding initiatives that support the rental housing industry.
- Applicants’ organizations must reside in the United States.
- Funds must be used within a year of receiving the grant.
- Grant recipients are expected to share their experience with members of the National Apartment Association through units articles and events.
- Upon conclusion of project, grant recipients are required to submit a final report by November 1, 2022, and present to the NAA's Diversity & Inclusion Committee. This report must include a description of who participated in the project, a brief assessment of the outcomes (intended and unintended), evaluation plan, financial record outlining all expenditures, and future plans for advancing diversity and inclusion in the rental housing industry.
The National Apartment Association will not consider requests for:
- Support to individuals
- Sponsorship for international activities
- Existing programs that have already been implemented
- Private organizations whose aim is to generate a financial surplus
- Colleges and universities seeking endowments funds
- Support to travel or conference-related events
May 2, 2022: Applications Open
July 29, 2022: Applications Due
August 8- 19, 2022: Application Review & Interviews Conducted (if needed)
August 26, 2022: NAA's D&I Committee Approves Final Awardees
September 12, 2022: Applicants Notified
October 17, 2022: Funds Will Be Disbursed to Awardees