NAAEI Alexandra Jackiw Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship
To increase diversity and inclusion as people progress along their career paths, Alexandra Jackiw, CAPS, CPM®, a Past Chair of NAA, Past President of NAAEI, life-long learner and industry educator has established a scholarship fund to provide professional development opportunities for men and women who are members of a racial/ethnic minority group, lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender or a person with a disability.
The NAA Education Institute (NAAEI) and NAA believe that a growing and innovative rental housing industry must employ a workforce that reflects our resident population.
The Alexandra Jackiw Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship will be awarded to industry professionals each year who are ready to advance their careers through NAAEI credentials. Recipients will have course registration fees covered for these NAAEI credential programs:
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM)
- Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS)
To be considered for the Alexandra Jackiw Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship Program, candidates are required to submit a completed online application form, resume, a personal statement and a letter of reference from their supervisor or a senior level employee at their company.
Applications for the 2021 NAAEI Alexandra Jackiw Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship will be accepted from May 3, 2021 through July 30, 2021.
Congratulations to the 2019 recipients of the Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship:
- Alexandrea Mukinni, Landmark Properties, Inc., Indianapolis, IN
- Jason Tilley, MAA, Nashville, TN
- Camron Shelton, IRET Properties, Minneapolis, MN
- Lauren Brown, Episcopal Retirement Services, Cincinnati, OH
- Miesha Moorer, Mandel Group, Milwaukee, WI
- Charissa Martinez, Mountain States Property Management, Salt Lake, UT
- Anthony Raschella, Coast Property Management, Lake Stevens, WA
- Siera Rasmussen, PRG Real Estate, Durham, NC