NAAEI Alexandra Jackiw Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship
To increase diversity and inclusion as people progress along their career paths, Alexandra Jackiw, CAPS, CPM®, a Past Chair of NAA, Past President of NAAEI, life-long learner and industry educator has established a scholarship fund to provide professional development opportunities for men and women who are members of a racial/ethnic minority group, lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender or a person with a disability.
The NAA Education Institute (NAAEI) and NAA believe that a growing and innovative rental housing industry must employ a workforce that reflects our resident population.
The Alexandra Jackiw Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship will be awarded to one industry professional per program each year who are ready to advance their careers through NAAEI credentials. Recipients will have course registration fees covered for these NAAEI credential programs:
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM)
- Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS)
To be considered for the Alexandra Jackiw Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship Program, candidates must submit a completed application form, resume, a personal statement and a letter of reference from their supervisor or a senior level employee at their company. Documents must be uploaded in a PDF format.
Also, candidates must be:
- a member of a racial/ethnic minority group, lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender or a person with a disability; and
- currently employed full-time as an early to mid-level apartment industry professional
While U.S. military experience is not a requirement for scholarship selection, preference is given to individuals who are or have served in a branch of the U.S. military.
A personal statement of no more than 750 words is required and must answer the following:
- What led you to pursue a career in apartment management?
- Describe your career objectives in the apartment housing industry.
- What are your life experiences that have impacted your personal and professional values and perspectives?
- If awarded a scholarship, how do you plan to use the knowledge and skills that you will gain to advance your career?
Please also upload a signed letter of recommendation from your manager or other senior manager from your company (no more than 750 words) that addresses the following:
- Why do you recommend this applicant for a CAM or CAPS scholarship?
- How has this applicant demonstrated a commitment to your company and its business objectives as well as a desire to advance in his or her career?
Applications are no longer being accepted.
All completed applications that meet the above eligibility requirements will be reviewed and scored by Past-Presidents of the NAA Education Institute. Applicants will receive an "Acceptance" or "Denial" letter via email no later than Aug. 17 of the year in which they apply.
This scholarship must be used within 12 months of award and can be used to attend classroom-delivered or online CAM and CAPS programs. NAAEI staff will work with each scholarship recipient to find a local CAM or CAPS course for the recipient to attend. If there is no local course, NAAEI staff will work with the attendee to register for a course in another location and will cover travel expense. If time away from work is an issue with a recipient’s employer, CAM and CAPS credentials are available online.