NAAEI Alexandra Jackiw Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship
To increase diversity and inclusion as people progress along their career paths, Alexandra Jackiw, CAPS, CPM®, a Past Chair of NAA, Past President of NAAEI, life-long learner and industry educator has established a scholarship fund to provide professional development opportunities for men and women who are members of a racial/ethnic minority group, lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender, a person with a disability or a former/serving member of the military.
The NAA Education Institute (NAAEI) and NAA believe that a growing and innovative rental housing industry must employ a workforce that reflects our resident population.
The Alexandra Jackiw Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship will be awarded to industry professionals each year who are ready to advance their careers through NAAEI credentials. Recipients will have course registration fees covered for these NAAEI credential programs:
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM)
- Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS)
To be considered for the Alexandra Jackiw Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship Program, candidates are required to submit a completed online application form, resume, a personal statement, and a letter of reference from their supervisor or a senior level employee at their company.
The application period for the 2021 scholarship is now closed. NAA will be accepting applications for the 2022 NAAEI Alexandra Jackiw Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship from May 2, 2022 - July 29, 2022. If you would like to be notified when the next application period opens, please email Sara Keene.
2021 Alex Jackiw D&I Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to the 2021 recipients of the Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship:
- Lakisha Barnes, District Manager, Atlantic Pacific Companies, Atlanta, GA
- Vanessa Grayson, Associate Property Manager, Cushman & Wakefield, Parkville, MO
- Angel Griffin, Community Manager, Elevated Assets Management, Texas City, TX
- Sheena Griffin, Business Manager, Lincoln Property Company, Daytona Beach, FL
- Schaelaur Kirkwood, Leasing Consultant, Grubb Properties, Winston-Salem, NC
- Justine Solorio, Assistant Property Manager, Bella Investment Group, Flagstaff, AZ
- Damon Thomas, Community Manager, Greystar, Seattle, WA