To increase diversity, equity and inclusion as people progress along their career paths, Alexandra Jackiw, CAPS, CPM®, a Past Chair of NAA, Past President of NAAEI, life-long learner and industry educator has established a scholarship fund to provide professional development opportunities for members of racial/ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+ groups, people/persons with disabilities and veterans/active members of the military.
The NAA Education Institute (NAAEI) and NAA believe that a growing and innovative rental housing industry must employ a workforce that reflects our resident population.
The Alexandra Jackiw Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Scholarship will be awarded to industry professionals each year who are ready to advance their careers through NAAEI credentials. Recipients will have course registration fees covered for these NAAEI credential programs:
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM)
- Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS)
- Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT)
To be considered for the Alexandra Jackiw Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Scholarship Program, candidates are required to submit a completed online application form, work history, a personal statement, and a letter of reference from their supervisor or a senior level employee at their company.
2022 Alex Jackiw DE&I Scholarship Recipients
The much-anticipated announcement was made on September 8, 2022, view press release here. Congratulations to the 2022 recipients of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Scholarship:
- Demetri Gantt, Associate Community Director, RangeWater Real Estate, Boynton Beach, FL
- Trey Leotti, Community Manager, Greystar, Seattle, WA
- Christine Munda, Regional Support Specialist, Berger Rental Communities, Brookhaven, PA
- Kara Lea Elzey, Community Manager, Apartment Management Consultants, LLC, Aurora, CO
- Caleaya Miller, Assistant Community Director, Highmark Residential, Jacksonville, FL
- Amanda Graham, Business Manager, Olympus Property, Fort Worth, TX
- Selena Curtis, Community Manager, ConAm Management, Cary, NC
June 5, 2023: Applications Open
July 28, 2023: Applications Due
August 7-19, 2023: Application Review & Interviews Conducted (if needed)
August 23, 2023: NAA's DE&I Committee Approves Final Awardees
September 15, 2023: Applicants Notified