NAA Launches Resource Page on Rent Control
Facing an affordability crisis that has been exacerbated by an inadequate supply of rental housing, a growing number of state and local governments have started to explore rent regulation legislation. Regrettably, many of the elected officials considering these price controls on rental housing lack insight into the adverse impact such policies will have on their housing markets.
NAA has put together a new resource page on rent control (member login required) to arm our affiliates and members with the tools needed to educate policymakers on this important topic. There are three main sections to the page: legislative resources, articles and reports, and maps and charts. You'll also find information on:
- NAA rent regulation policy statement
- NAA rent regulation almanac
- NAA rent control model preemption legislation
- NAA/NMHC issue fact sheet on rent control
- Recent articles from the NAA Apartment Advocate on rent regulation
- NAA rent regulation 50-state law chart
If you have questions, or would like to speak with an NAA staff member regarding rent regulation, please contact Robert Melvin, Manager of Government Affairs.