NAA offers a variety of educational formats to ensure there is something for everyone. Below are descriptions of what will be offered. More details will be added as the program is designed for 2020.
- Breakout Sessions: Choose from hour-long sessions throughout the conference spanning a multitude of topics to include Operations, Marketing, Maintenance, Leasing, Leadership, Executive and more. These sessions feature industry and non-industry experts and provide useful information that attendees can apply to daily work life. Program to be announced in December 2019.
- Game Changer Sessions: Running concurrently to education breakout sessions, our Game Changer speakers are from outside the industry and speak on a variety of topics to inspire you with their experience, knowledge and revolutionary spirit.
- General Sessions: Nationally recognizable speakers from outside the industry motivate you with their inspiration and personal stories of success and real-life experiences. Speakers to be announced.
- Open Space Series: This peer-to-peer learning experience is an opportunity to engage in creative conversations with fellow attendees who are passionate about the same issues and topics as you. Expert facilitators support small group discussions that explore a dedicated topic for each group.
- Express Education: These sessions take place in a dedicated space in the NAA Exposition and are quick 30-minute interactive sessions that include live demonstrations, hands-on instruction, Q&A, buzz sessions and story-telling.
- Wellness Labs: We’ll offer five 15-minute sessions to help you recharge your bio-battery and learn the best energy management strategies to help keep you running. Labs will include energy building routines, led by executive wellness coaches, to incorporate into your busy life.
On Getting Up Again
Rodney Mullen | Legendary Skateboarding Inventor and Pioneer
Thursday, June 18 | 8:45 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
If you Google “Godfather of Modern Skateboarding,” Rodney Mullen pops up for having been the most dominant world champion in its history and creating most of its modern tricks. He also studied chemical engineering until a friend borrowed money from a loan shark; using it, they started a skate company which became the largest of its era, earning him two patents along the way. After its sale, Rodney turned to Linux, finding parallels between skate and hacker cultures that foster innovation. After his very first TED talk on this subject, industry leaders such as Apple, Nike, IBM, and Wired invited him to speak—even Anna Wintour. Rodney has appeared in 10 video games, acclaimed documentaries and in multiple books. Most recently, he has been featured in Wired, Rolling Stone, Esquire, Vogue and The Wall Street Journal; appeared in 10 video games; and has a board on display with Smithsonian.
The Fire Within
Allison Massari | Storyteller, Entrepreneur, Executive Coach
Thursday, June 18 | 1:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Voted one of the Top Ten Best Motivational Speakers in North America by Meetings and Conventions Magazine, Allison Massari’s quintessential story of courage and perseverance resonates with participants long after an event has finished. Through her unified work as an international keynote speaker, executive coach and acclaimed visual artist, Allison provides an exceptional blend of business acuity, creative perspective, and genuine care – profoundly affecting audiences worldwide.
Digital Empathy: The Synergy Between Technology Innovation and Emotional Connection
Brian Fanzo | Change Evangelist, Millennial Keynote Speaker, Podcaster
Thursday, June 18 | 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Brian Fanzo is a keynote speaker who inspires, motivates and educates businesses on how to leverage emerging technologies and digital marketing. He has a diverse background working for the Department of Defense in Cybersecurity, then as a Technology Eevangelist at a booming cloud computing startup. He is currently the Founder of iSocialFanz, which has helped launch digital and influencer strategies with the world’s most iconic brands like Dell, EMC, Adobe, IBM, UFC, Applebee’s and SAP. Brian’s #ThinkLikeAFan philosophy has powered first-of-their-kind storytelling campaigns for many Fortune 50 enterprise companies leveraging Periscope, SnapChat and Facebook Live.
Fostering Rebel Talent
Francesca Gino | Author, Behavioral Scientist, Harvard Business School Professor
Friday, June 19 | 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
As an award-winning expert on the psychology of organizations, Francesca Gino helps leaders and employees alike lead productive, creative and fulfilling lives. In her latest book, Rebel Talent, the Harvard Business Professor explains why nonconformity is a benefit, not a detriment to businesses and how we can implement it across our teams. Moving beyond the status quo, Gino shows us how to cultivate curiosity, encourage innovation and solve organizational problems creatively.
The Third Door: How to Dream Bigger, Achieve Your Goals & Find Success
Alex Banayan | Speaker, Forbes’ "30 Under 30" Recipient, Business Insider’s "Most Powerful People Under 30"
Friday, June 19 | 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Author of The Third Door: The Wild Quest to Uncover How the World’s Most Successful People Launched Their Careers, Alex Banayan is the only nationally bestselling business author under 30 in America. The day before his freshman-year final exams, Banayan hacked The Price is Right, won a sailboat, sold it, and used the money to fund his quest to learn from the world’s most innovative leaders. Over the course of his unprecedented seven-year journey, Banayan interviewed Bill Gates, Lady Gaga, Larry King, Maya Angelou and more. At the core of Banayan’s mission is his belief that, “When you change what someone believes is possible, you change what becomes possible.”
Leading Change in the New Reality
Eric Boles | Former NFL Wide Receiver
Friday, June 19 | 1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Prior to becoming a high-performance authority, Eric learned key principles of team dynamics and leadership as a National Football League professional. He was coached and mentored by some of the best coaches and players in the league. Through a combination of expert coaching, consulting and training, Boles helps organizations achieve goals quickly, function within their purpose and values and see transformative results. Bole presents inspiring insights and strategies to a variety of organizations and associations that help cultivate leadership, culture change, teamwork and peak performance.
Nationally recognizable speakers from outside the industry motivate you with their inspiration and personal stories of success and real-life experiences.
Wednesday General Session
Wednesday, June 17 | 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Dr. Rick Rigsby | Author of Lessons from a Third Grade Dropout, and Award-Winning Journalist, Regular TV Media Contributor
In 2017, Dr. Rick Rigsby delivered one of the most passionate speeches ever heard. Over 200 million people worldwide viewed the speech in a video that went viral in just a matter of days. Dr. Rick's dynamic presentations motivate, empower and inspire worldwide.
Thursday General Session
Thursday, June 18 | 9:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
Diana Nyad | American Author, Journalist, Motivational Speaker and Long-distance Swimmer
At the age of 64, in her fifth and final attempt, Diana Nyad successfully fulfilled her lifelong dream of completing the 110-mile swim from Cuba to Florida on September 2, 2013. Upon completing her grueling 53-hour journey, a breathless Nyad told the world, "I have three messages. One is we should never ever give up. Two is you are never too old to chase your dreams. And three is it looks like a solitary sport, but it takes a team."
Lisa Bodell | Founder and CEO of FutureThink; Author of Best-Selling Kill the Company
Lisa Bodell is a global leader on behavior change, whose skill-building firm has transformed hundreds of thousands of employees from Fortune 500 companies by showing them how to "eliminate the complexity" that holds them back and "get to the work that matters." Her talks offer a roadmap to eradicate the workplace complexity that is killing organizations' ability to be agile, fast and innovative.
Friday General Session
Friday, June 19 | 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Mark Wahlberg | Award Winning Actor, Producer and Philanthropist
Known for his roles in films like The Fighter and The Departed (set in Boston), Wahlberg is an award winning actor, and film and television producer. He is also the founder of The Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation, which benefits inner-city children and teens. He was inducted into the Boys & Girls Clubs of America's Alumni Hall of Fame and is the recipient of the Bob Hope Award from the Medal of Honor Society for his work to support the military.
Wednesday, June 17, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The Supplier Success course offers an overview of the apartment industry and teaches methods that suppliers can use to maximize partnerships with apartment owners, apartment management companies and apartment association members. Join us to kick-start both your business success and your industry involvement!
As a result of completing the course, you will:
- Understand how economic conditions impact the apartment industry and affect your sales
- Learn how property management companies measure success
- Better utilize apartment association resources to build business AND contribute to the industry
- Identify financial decision makers and how best to build rapport
- Understand the business cycle, required resources and daily operations of an apartment community
- Learn how to position your products/services to meet the goals of an apartment community
This program is a component of the Certified Apartment Supplier (CAS) credential. Supplier Success Fees start at $129. Registration is limited to 50 attendees. Includes lunch.
For more information, contact Kim McCrossen.
The CAMT+L micro-credential is designed for those apartment maintenance technicians who are being promoted into a supervisory role as their technical proficiency increases.*
Wednesday, June 17, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Member: $269
- Non-member: $299
This course is designed to teach the soft skills associated with the managerial role. You will learn specific supervisory and leadership skills necessary for you to succeed in your job. By taking this course and studying the recommended reading material, you will be prepared to take the CAMT+L micro-credential exam and earn a new digital badge for your resume.
- How to effectively implement changes and to secure buy-in from your staff
- How to work with staff and residents to resolve any conflicts
- How to properly identify and utilize all available resources
*To earn the CAMT+L micro-credential, you must have earned the CAMT credential. You may still take this course without having earned CAMT, but would not earn the micro-credential.
For more information, contact Kim McCrossen.
The NAA Education Institute (NAAEI) is proud to present its REWIND program. REWIND offers 70+ PowerPoint-synced audio and video sessions from the conference, so you can continue learning!
Pre-order REWIND with your conference registration by June 9th for only $99 for members.
For more information, contact Kim McCrossen.