As a military spouse, you need a profession that makes it easy to find a job when you move, provides predictable hours and job security, compensates you well, and allows for the time off you need. You can find all that — and more — with a career in the residential property management (RPM) industry, which posts hundreds of new job openings every week.
Residential Property Management Career Benefits
- Job skills and experiences are transferable to communities nationwide.
- Wherever you move, apartment communities are there.
- Health insurance, 401k retirement plan, and life insurance.
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
- May include rent reduction and the ability to work from home.
- Interact with and help residents.
- Build a community.
- Work in a team environment.
Carrie has worked in conventional, tax credit, and public housing communities. This experience helps her bring a balanced perspective to coordinating training and recruiting.
RPM Career Paths
Leasing and Community Management
Experience in sales and customer service, as well as organizational and leadership skills, transfer well to a position in leasing and community management. Here you’ll match people with the right housing for them and help communities run smoothly.
- Work regular hours.
- Recruit and assist residents.
- Cultivate strong communities.
- Lead a team.