Safety continues to be our top priority for attendees, exhibitors and staff. To ensure that all precautions and social distancing guidelines set by McCormick Place and the Chicago Convention & Visitor Bureau are met, this year’s event attendance will be capped. NAA will closely monitor guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic and immediately communicate if/when anything changes.
Our plans are still developing, but below are more details that we will update as new information is available. You can also reach us at [email protected].
Registration and Capped Attendance
- If you register for Apartmentalize and it moves to an online event, attendees will have the option to transfer their registration to a digital event or receive a full refund.
- Current capacity restrictions allow us to safely accommodate 3,200 full conference attendees and 6,200 total attendees and exhibitors. NAA is working closely with the Chicago Convention and Visitors Bureau and McCormick Place, as well as monitoring local and federal guidelines for holding large events. If capacity restrictions are lifted in the convention center, we will increase attendance caps accordingly.
- Due to capacity restrictions, one-day registrations will not be available for purchase unless restrictions are lifted and we are able to accommodate additional attendees. The Apartmentalize website will be updated to reflect this accordingly.
- If registration fills up, there will be a waiting list for attendees, and we will notify anyone on the waiting list when registration becomes an option.
- As in year’s past, group registration is available.
Shifting Dates and/or an Online Event
- NAA will offer multiple digital events in 2021, but at this time, Apartmentalize is being planned as an in-person event only.
- While we fully intend at the present time to hold Apartmentalize in Chicago Aug. 31-Sept. 2, 2021, should it become unsafe to hold the event at that time, NAA will explore options to postpone Apartmentalize to a later date.
Safety and Precautions during Event
- Currently, McCormick Place requires all persons to wear a mask at all times while in the convention center.
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed, and meeting rooms will be set with a minimum of 6’ aisles between each row of chairs and all chairs will be set 6’ apart from one another.
- McCormick Place has a full Environmental Hygiene plan in place that includes regular cleaning and disinfection of surfaces and high-trafficked areas in public space, meeting rooms and restrooms. The convention center is a GBAC Star Facility and follows procedures and tools to meet the requirements of the standard.
- Food Service will include catering staff wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and new guidelines for social distancing and cleanliness. This includes the elimination of self-service buffets and implementation of individual packaged food and beverage.
2021 Refund Policy
- The cancellation policy is as follows: All cancellations are subject to a $150 administrative fee. Cancellations received by 11:59 p.m. PST on April 27 2021 will receive a refund minus the mandatory $150 administrative fee. Cancellations received between FApril 27 and July 27, 2021 will receive a 50% refund (administrative fee not applied). NO REFUNDS will be permitted after July 27, 2021. All requests for cancellation must be submitted in writing to NAA Registration at [email protected].
Updates to the 2021 Event
- Due to social distancing guidelines, a closing party will not take place in 2021. We are designing an event to maximize connections with other attendees and exhibitors and will be implementing new networking events and opportunities to provide fun and interactive experiences for our attendees throughout the event.