The City of Chicago fully reopened in July, which includes our venue, McCormick Place. Even as restrictions are lifted, your safety continues to be our number one concern. We will monitor and follow guidance from public health agencies on the safest way to welcome you to Chicago and to all of the education and networking opportunities at Apartmentalize.
Below are more details that we will update as new information is available. You can also reach us at [email protected].
Registration and Capped Attendance
- Due to the City's reopening in July, capped attendance has been lifted for both attendees and exhibitors.
- As in year’s past, group registration is available.
- Apartmentalize is being planned as an in-person event only.
- While we fully intend at the present time to hold Apartmentalize in Chicago Aug. 31-Sept. 2, 2021, should it become unsafe to hold the event at that time, NAA will explore options to postpone Apartmentalize to a later date.
Pre-Event Preparation and Precautions
- If you are attending Apartmentalize and have any symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 within ten days of the conference, for everyone’s safety, please do not attend.
- The Chicago Department of Public Health’s Travel Advisory requests that any unvaccinated people traveling from the listed states and territories on their website obtain a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Chicago or quarantine for a 10-day period upon arrival. As of August 10, this is not a requirement. Vaccinated individuals do not need to quarantine or receive a negative test.
- In line with the City of Chicago’s re-institued mandate, all Apartmentalize attendees, exhibitors and staff will be required to wear a face mask while indoors at McCormick Place and Wintrust Arena. NAA will have disposable face masks available, but everyone is encouraged to bring their own.
- If you are vaccinated, it is recommended to bring a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record while traveling.
Safety and Precautions during Event
- Currently, McCormick Place requires masks to be worn at all times when in the convention center for unvaccinated attendees. If there are changes to this guideline, we will update all attendees and exhibitors.
- Meeting rooms will be set with social distancing in mind and will allow the opportunity to keep a comfortable distance from others.
- McCormick Place has a full Environmental Hygiene plan in place that includes regular cleaning and disinfection of surfaces and high-trafficked areas in public space, meeting rooms and restrooms. The convention center is a GBAC Star Facility and follows procedures and tools to meet the requirements of the standard.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event space as well as at all elevators and escalators.
- Choose Chicago offers information on all safety precautions being taken by Chicago from the airport to hotels to the convention center.
2021 Refund Policy
- The cancellation policy is as follows: All cancellations are subject to a $150 administrative fee. Cancellations received by 11:59 p.m. PST on April 27 2021 will receive a refund minus the mandatory $150 administrative fee. Cancellations received between April 27 and July 27, 2021 will receive a 50% refund (administrative fee not applied). NO REFUNDS will be permitted after July 27, 2021. All requests for cancellation must be submitted in writing to NAA Registration at [email protected].
Updates to the 2021 Event
- Due to social distancing guidelines, a closing party will not take place in 2021. We are designing an event to maximize connections with other attendees and exhibitors and will be implementing new networking events and opportunities to provide fun and interactive experiences for our attendees throughout the event.