For 2020, the Maintenance Mania® National Championship will transition to a new virtual format. This virtual competition will test the knowledge of maintenance professionals from across NAA’s affiliate network and provide them with a chance to win prizes, and give one lucky professional the opportunity to be crowned the 2020 Maintenance Mania® National Champion.
The road to the 2020 Maintenance Mania® National Championship will be organized into three rounds.
Round 1 - Apply to Compete (June 29 – July 24)
The first round begins on Monday, June 29 where competitors must apply by completing an online participation form. To be eligible for the virtual competition, competitors must be apartment maintenance technicians working in the field a minimum of 32 hours per week and employed by a community in good standing with their local association or an NAA Direct Member. NAA affiliates will review their members’ applications and will determine ONE candidate to compete at MMNC Virtual on their behalf.
What you need to apply:
- A picture of yourself holding the name of your local apartment association
- A written statement or short video explaining what customer service means to you and providing an example of how you’ve demonstrated that commitment in the past
- A written statement or short video explaining why you deserve to be a contestant for the 2020 Maintenance Mania National Championship Virtual
Round 2 - Online Assessment (August 14)
Competitors selected from round one will be required to take an online assessment of no more than 10 questions. The top 20 individuals that complete the assessment the quickest with the highest number of correct answers will go on to the championship.
You will receive instructions from NAA on how to access the online assessment. The test will be available from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET on August 14 and will consist of true or false and multiple-choice questions. All questions will be maintenance related and vetted by industry experts.
Round 3 - MMNC Virtual (September 18)
The Maintenance Mania National Championship Virtual will take place on September 18th and will be hosted by none other than George Shea. The event will be divided into three rounds.
- Round 1 – 20 finalists will be divided into four (4) pools
- Round 2 – 4 finalists from Round 1 will be divided into two (2) pools
- Round 3 – 2 finalists from Round 2 will be divided into one (1) pool
Each round will consist of:
- Participants answering maintenance related, multiple-choice/true or false questions in a rapid-fire format
- If the participant does not correctly answer a question within the allotted time frame, they will be disqualified
- The participant with the most questions answered correctly, will win that pool’s prize, and move on to the next round or in the final round, be crowned the 2019-2020 Maintenance Mania Champion