The R.O.E. Awards Overview
The National Apartment Association launched the R.O.E. awards in 2016 to recognize members’ achievements in energy efficiency. There are three categories, highlighting various energy efficiency achievements throughout the apartment industry:
- Energy Retrofit- rewards smart, innovative solutions that successfully reduced energy in a quantifiable way by showing estimated ROI.
- Energy Reduction- are based solely on overall energy reduction quantitatively and require the use of EPA's ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® as the measurement tool. This award is divided into two categories: Whole Building Data and Common Area Data.
- Engage and Educate- rewards innovation, creativity in staff and/or resident engagement and overall community awareness on energy efficiency issues. Applicants should submit programs for consideration that show “commitment to conservation for the good of the community.” Winners will be awarded based on the accomplishments at a particular apartment community.
Become an R.O.E. Award Nominee
Submissions are open for the 2019 Excel Awards, please click below to nominate.
The submission deadline is 11:50 p.m. EST on March 27th.
Last year, NAA added a new award to recognize apartment communities, whith successful water reduction/conservation projects.
The R.O.E. Winners for 2017
- Energy Retrofit Award- University Towers, Raleigh, NC- EDR Trust
- Energy Reduction Award- The District, Washington, DC- Bozzuto Management Company
- Engage and Educate Award- The Fenestra at Rockville Town Square, Rockville, MD- Bozzuto Management Company
The R.O.E. Winners for 2016
- Energy Retrofit Award- Eco Modern Flats, Fayetteville AR- Specialized Real Estate Group
- Energy Reduction Award- Heritage House, Newburyport, MA- WinnCompanies
Both award winners were featured in an article, A Green Result for Two Communities, in the December issue of Units magazine.