Apartmentalize, NAA's annual education conference, is the premier source for educating professionals of all job functions within the rental housing industry. In addition to our great education sessions, keynote speakers and Game Changers, we want you to have a great experience. Continue checking back as we add more and more details about what's to come at the 2018 conference in San Diego!
Be at the center of it all!
Military Spouse Appreciation Day Volunteer Opportunity
Date: Saturday, June 16, 2018
Time: 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Transportation: Buses depart from San Diego Convention Center at 11 a.m. and will return to the center at approximately 2:30 p.m.
Lunch will be provided.
Volunteer at San Diego’s Military Spouse Appreciation Day. Come out and be a part of the fun. We will work together with the Armed Services YMCA, San Diego to help facilitate games, arts and crafts, activity stations and a BBQ!
When a military member deploys our military spouses take on the role of a single parent, managing the stress of the household and raising children. A military child will spend holidays, graduations, birthdays and challenging times without their deployed parents support. Join us to honor our military spouses and thank them for their service at our Military Spouse Appreciation Day.
Space is limited.
Armed Services YMCA Donation
Help support Armed Services YMCA, San Diego (ASY) and the children of military families. ASY believed community should support the large active duty military, and it is their mission to enhance the lives of military members and their families in mind, body and spirit through programs and services.
NAA Excellence Awards
The NAA Excellence Awards, or Excels, are now open for submissions!
The annual awards recognize leadership in the rental housing industry, celebrating builders, industry professionals and affiliated apartment associations that make unique contributions to our industry.
Award applications are submitted through an easy-to-use online process. The deadline to enter is 11:59 p.m. EST on March 23, 2018.
Winners will receieve their NAA Excellence Award during the NAA Awards Breakfast on Saturday, June 16 and be featured in units Magazine.
Executive Exchange Program
When: Friday, June 15 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
This day of programming includes a networking breakfast followed by three select breakout education sessions focused on topics for executives who wish to further their career path. Expand your professional network, learn about topics that further your leadership abilities, and join an enlightening discussion.
- Maintenance Mania®: See more details below about our National Championship at the conference.
- New Exhibitor Section: New to the Exposition Hall this year, we made it easy for you to find new companies offering products and servies to help you stay competiive in today's market.
- NAA Learning Zone: Connect with apartment industry professionals in an intimate and hands-on educational setting on the exhibit floor.
- NAA Prize Vaults: Try to crack the code of the Prize Vault for a chance to win $500,000! (Sponsored By: Valet Living)
Let’s get social! The NAA Social Hub is your all-in-one resource center for all things social at the #Apartmentalize. From tips and tricks to grow your audience, to getting the 411 on the latest channels, NAA’s staff can help take your online presence to new heights.
In addition to the great education sessions and impressive Exposition, Apartmentalize offers a number of opportunities to network with industry professionals and peers in a relaxed setting.
- Attendee Game Lounge: Enjoy some friendly competition with other attendees with two oversized classic games like Connect4.
- Attendee Lounge: Located outside the NAA Exposition
- Interactive Art Wall: Available throughout the conference (Sponsored By: Behr)
- Post-It Mural: Available throughout the conference
- Welcome Reception: Wed., June 13 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- NAA Exposition: Thur., June 14 from 2:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. and Fri., June 15 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- NAA Newcomer Breakfast: Thur., June 14 from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. (Ticketed Event)
- Refreshment Breaks
- Thursday Night Party: Thur., June 14 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. (Sponsored By: CSC Serviceworks, HD Supply, The Home Depot and Valet Living)
- NAA Awards Celebration Breakfast: Sat., June 16 from 8:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
Before the conference officially begins, we’re offering additional education to our attendees. Please note that these are ticketed events and require additional registration to the conference registration.
- NAAEI CAPS Course: Monday, June 11 from 1:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.; Tuesday, June 12 from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Wednesday, June 12 from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Take the next step in your professional development and become a certified success by earning your Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS) designation. CAPS is a nationally recognized designation created by the National Apartment Association Education Institute (NAAEI) and is designed for multi-site supervisors and experienced apartment managers with a CAM, ARM or RAM designation.
- NAAEI Leadership Experience: Wednesday, June 13 from 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Offered in partnership with Dale Carnegie Training: Energize, motivate and create accountability for team results. Learn how to identify and embrace your personal leadership style, develop a trust-based culture at work, delegate effectively and motivate your team through better communication.
- Supplier Success Course: Wednesday, June 13 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
As part of the initiative from NAA’s Education Institute (NAAEI) and the National Suppliers Council (NSC), this course is designed as an overview of the rental industry and recommends ways that suppliers can maximize partnerships with apartment owners, apartment management companies and apartment association members. It has been written by successful apartment industry suppliers with years of professional experience.
- Leadership Lyceum: Wednesday, June 13 from 12:30 p.m. – 3 p.m.
The Leadership Lyceum is designed to identify, inform and empower new and emerging NAA volunteer leaders. Selected candidates participate in a wide range of leadership development experiences over the course of one year. 30 candidates are chosen, either by appointment or through a competitive application process. They must be active NAA members and NAA volunteers with NAA Affiliates the state, local, or national level. Learn more about candidate selection criteria.