Skip to main content
10 Things 'Liked' on the #Apartmentalize Twitter Feed
- Honestly, we’re getting more requests for black-out curtains from our residents so it’s easier for them to “see” the screens on their smart devices.
- More and more, our residents are “hanging out” at the community all day, because young workers are [seeking the chance] to “work from home.” Apt companies need to cater to this.
- An onsite Apt staff person might be the nicest person a resident sees or speaks to all day. Treat residents w kindness and respect at all times.
- The audience agrees, 40% of HVAC system replacement was done (at high cost) because system was mis-diagnosed or repaired incorrectly.
- On responding to Gen Z, “they expect a response immediately, but they don’t expect a resolution immediately.”
- “Too many times, we listen to respond instead of listening to understand.”
- Maintenance techs are often resistant to new technological tools, but 99% of the time they end up liking them.
- Good advice to suppliers about marketing emails, “I shouldn’t be doing the work to figure out what you’re trying to sell.”
- People love to get Starbucks gift cards as rewards. I’m given many of them...AND I DON’T EVEN DRINK COFFEE. Come see me.
- Peer-networking is a great way to share maintenance resumes and find out-of-market job candidates.