NAA Celebrates Excellence Award Winners
ARLINGTON, VA – The National Apartment Association (NAA) recently honored the 2018 NAA Excellence Awards winners during Apartmentalize in San Diego. The annual awards program recognizes excellence and leadership in the apartment housing industry, celebrating builders, industry professionals and affiliated apartment associations that make unique contributions to the industry.
Winners were recognized for their achievement during an awards ceremony on June 16 at Apartmentalize in San Diego. This year’s Excellence Award recipients were:
Builders, Owners & Developers Awards
- Community of the Year – Anthology, Greystar Real Estate Partners, Washington, D.C.
- Best Community, 1-5 Years (More than 150 units) – Anthology, Greystar Real Estate Partners, Washington, D.C.
- Best Community, 5-20 Years (More than 150 units) – Berkshire Aspen Grove, Berkshire, Littleton, Colorado
- Best Community, 20+ Years (Up to 150 units) – Legends of Memorial Apartments, Veritas Equity Management, Houston
- Best Community, 20+ Years (More than 150 units) – Jacinto Palms Apartments, Q10 Property Advisors, Houston
- Best Community, Specialty (Affordable Housing) – Davis Gardens, WinnResidential, Hartford, Connecticut
- Best Community, Specialty (Military Housing) – The Village at NTC, Lincoln Property Company, San Diego
- Best Community, Specialty (Student) – The Oaks on the Square at Storrs Center, EdR, Storrs, Connecticut
R.O.E. (Return on Energy) Awards
- Energy Retrofit Award – 205 Jones Street, Mercy Housing, San Francisco
- Energy Reduction Award (Whole Building Data) – AMLI Old 4th Ward, AMLI, Atlanta
- Water Reduction Award – The Crosswinds at Annapolis Town Centre, Bozzuto, Parole, Maryland
- Engage and Educate Award – Park Lane Seaport, Bozzuto, Boston
NAA Individual Awards
- Independent Rental Owner (IRO) of the Year (250 units or less) – Matthew Haines & Jennifer Holub of The Tangent Group in Lake Dallas, Texas
- Independent Rental Owner (IRO) of the Year (250 units or more) – Jesse Brewer of C.A.P Real Estate in Covington, Kentucky
- Chris Christenson Association Executive of the Year – JD Carey, CAM, Executive Director, Louisville Apartment Association
- National Suppliers Council Achievement Award – Steve Sorkin of ARS Restoration Specialists, Newton, Massachusetts
- NAA Rising Star Award – Brad Mawhinney, GMH Capital Partners, Pittsburgh
NAAEI Designate Awards
- Credential Holder of the Year – Jesse Miller, MBA, ARMS, CAPS, CAM, NALP, SHCM, of Greystar Real Estate Partners, Portland, Oregon
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) of the Year – Angela Raupp of Regency & Lakeshore Grande Apartments, Apartment Dynamics, Fayetteville, N.C.
- Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT) of the Year – Dienyson Assis, CAMT, of Chestnut Hill Realty in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
- National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) of the Year – Dana Bales, NALP, of Management Services Corporation, Roanoke, Virginia
- Certified Apartment Supplier (CAS) of the Year – Abbie Huffman, CAS, of Rent Manager, Cincinnati
- Apartment Career & Education Industry Practitioner Award – Stephanie Puryear-Helling, CAM, CAPS, Greystar Real Estate Partners, Austin, Texas
- Anthony V. Pusateri Apartment Career Promotion Award – Weidner Apartment Homes, Kirkland, Washington
- Communications Award – Apartment Association of Greater Orlando
- Community Service Award – Arizona Multihousing Association
- Education Award – Apartment Association of Greater Denver
- Government Affairs Award – Apartment Association of Tarrant County
The National Apartment Association (NAA) serves as the leading voice and preeminent resource through advocacy, education and collaboration on behalf of the rental housing industry. As a federation of nearly 160 affiliates, NAA encompasses over 75,000 members representing more than 9.25 million apartment homes globally. NAA believes that rental housing is a valuable partner in every community that emphasizes integrity, accountability, collaboration, community responsibility, inclusivity and innovation. NAA thanks its strategic partners the Lowe’s Companies, Valet Living and Yardi. To learn more, visit www.naahq.org.