5 Simple Updates to Refresh Your Landscaping
Digested from 5 Steps to Transforming Out-of-Date Landscapes into Utopias
Property Management Insider (12/21/15) Lee, Chris
Certain plants and rocks can instantly date an apartment community. Keep your apartment community looking up to date and welcoming with these tips:
- Get rid of hedge rows and shady trees. Instead, opt for shorter, native plants that provide a more natural landscape and let the light in to keep grass healthy.
- Turn eyesores into functional elements. Walkways on heavily trodden areas or water features where water tends to pool can become amenities instead of flaws.
- Use permanent mulch. Gravel reduces upkeep for maintenance staff. But if you do use regular mulch, opt for darker colors, which are more natural.
- Go native. Native plantings create a softer, more inviting landscape than do more traditional, structured plants.
- Plant smaller groupings. And spread them out to create a more organic, less rigid flow.