DLP members are required to attend all virtual education sessions, as well as participate in mentor calls and capstone project calls.
Diversity Leadership Program
Diversity Leadership Program
The National Apartment Association is pleased to announce that the 2021 Diversity Leadership Program Call for Applications is now open for participant and mentor applications. NAA will be accepting applications from November 9 through January 15, 2021.
NAA’s Diversity Leadership Program (DLP) provides up to 15 members of diverse backgrounds an opportunity to develop as a leader in the rental housing industry. Participants who are considered junior to mid-level will gain leadership experience through mentoring, and training as part of the yearlong program. The program is a crucial aspect of the NAA’s leadership diversification strategy intended to identify, mentor and engage members from underrepresented minority groups.
Upon completion of the Diversity Leadership Program, participants will be able to:
- Gain understanding and comfort of your cultural background.
- Learn how unconscious bias’ impact your view of others and interactions with them.
- Develop insight on how you can contribute to D&I efforts at your company.
- Advance your leadership and communication skills to position yourself for success in a diverse world.
- Learn how to facilitate healthy conversations around diversity in the workplace.
- Develop a personalized career growth plan to achieve a leadership role within the rental housing industry
**Application deadline has been extended to January 15, 2021
If accepted, DLP participants will receive the following benefits:
- Complimentary registration to NAA’s Apartmentalize.
- Assigned a mentor who is a leader in the rental housing industry and will be involved in regular mentorship calls.
- Opportunity to participate on a committee at the national or local level.
- Applications will be reviewed based on letter of recommendations, personal statement, and program commitment during the review period in early February.
- All selections will be made by members of NAA's Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Personal Statement
- Professional Reference
- Letter of Support by Supervisor
- Considered Junior to Mid-Level Career from an Underrepresented Group.
- Employed a Minimum of Three Years in the Rental Housing Industry
- Current NAA Member
November 9, 2020: Applications Open
January 15, 2021: Applications Due
February 1-12, 2021: Application Review
February 19, 2021: Selected Applicants Notified
February 26, 2021: Diversity Leadership Program Kick-Off Call
2020 Diversity Leadership Program Class
San Antonio, TX
National Maintenance Trainer
Monarch Investment & Management Group
Director of Sales
Bala Cynwyd, PA
Regional Training Specialist
Asset Management Senior Analyst
Chevy Chase, MD
Somerset Apartment Management
Little Rock, AR
Bella Investment Group
Senior Regional Manager
Sundance Property Management, LLC
Atlantic Pacific Management Company
Apartment Homes by Tonti
Director of Operations
Sunset Property Solutions