Certified Pool & Spa Operator® Certification (CPO® Certification)
Earning the prestigious CPO® Certification gives you the latest information available based on science and research.
CPO® Certification benefits include:
- The most widely accepted program by local and state authorities
- Knowledge in topics necessary for pool/spa operation
- Confidence that courses are taught by NSPF® certified instructors
- Comprehensive, annually updated materials
- Gives participants a better understanding of the operator’s role in pool care, management and risk reduction
- Access to monthly updates and news from NSPF
- A leading certification for five years
- Eligibility for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
NSPF® Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook
You will have the answers at your fingertips at all times when you refer to the Handbook. Updated annually with the most current information, the Handbook is the most widely used pool and spa maintenance resource.
You will find information on:
- How to effectively operate a pool/spa, including water disinfection, balance, testing, problem solving, equipment operation, maintenance and troubleshooting, facility management, record keeping and safety.
- Reducing risk to users and employees by preventing drowning, recreational water illness, suction entrapment, accidents, electrocutions, chemical exposure, and slips and falls.
- Regulatory guidelines including the Pool & Spa Safety Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, CDC Model Aquatic Health Code, and more.
Pool Operator Primer™ Online Course
You can quickly improve your knowledge and reduce risk by taking this engaging, interactive program. This online training program can be the first step to earning CPO® Certification or it can be an excellent stand-alone course in the fundamentals of pool and spa operation. This online curriculum follows the 18 chapters in the NSPF® Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook, which is included as part of the course. You will have online course access for six months and successful completion of all lessons earns you a Record of Completion. Click here to purchse the Primer course.
Pool Operator Fusion™ Classroom Course
This one-day classroom course is offered by certified NSPF® Instructors and is the second step to earning a CPO® Certification for those that successfully completed the Pool Operator Primer™ Online Course. In this course, the instructor will review concepts in the online course, answer questions, cover state codes and administer an exam. Students must present a Pool Operator Primer™ record of completion to the instructor at the beginning of the course. Successful complete of the Pool Operator Fusion™ course will earn a CPO® Certification.
For more inforamtion contact Kimberly McCrossen.