- Confessions of a Millenial Mind: How to Prepare for the New Generational Majority
Join us for this interactive webinar to learn about the largest generational cohort in the US, the Millennials, and their impact on the rental housing industry. December 8
- How to Speak Maintenance: 5 Things Your Maintenance Team Wish You Understood
Maintenance is where the rubber meets the road. However, sometimes is seems like maintenance is from Mars and management is from Venus! This leads to mis-understandings, mis-communications, and sometimes even resignations. Discover tips about building a better relationship with your maintenance team. November 18
- Green Solutions for Apartment and Condo Communities
Join us for this webinar on green building and sustainability hosted by Drexel University. It will feature highlights on urban green energy initiatives and be conducted by two top practitioners. October 19
- Modernize Your Security Options & Increase Safety
The human eye can only catch so much. With the help of technological advancements, artificial intelligence (AI) and remote video guarding you can modernize your security option and increase safety. Join Marc Silverman and Jason Mattingly as they explain the benefits of remote video guarding and smart cameras. October 21
- What’s in Your Maintenance Toolbox? - The Hidden Secret to Your NOI
Property owners, independent rental owners, managers, and maintenance team: Learn in 20 minutes the top five key maintenance areas to make significant impact on your revenue, plus keep residents and team members happier. October 27
- Leading the Diverse, Multigenerational Workforce: Lessons from the U.S. Military
In this Veterans Day-themed webinar, hear from Command Sergeant Major (retired) Patrick Z. Alston, Senior Fellow for the National Defense University’s Capstone and Keystone programs, as he covers how to work in a diverse footprint, while leading and mentoring a 21st-century clientele. November 10
- How to Build a Magnetic Culture: Attract, Engage, & Retain Top Talent in a New World of Work
Employees in the rental-housing industry have witnessed significant change since the start of the pandemic—which has no doubt impacted their engagement and performance. Anne Maltese, Director of People Insights, will share new research from Quantum Workplace that explores critical employee engagement and retention trends impacting businesses today. November 17
Looking for more Covid-19 Webinars? Find out more here.
- Diversity & Inclusion Awareness Week: Storytelling –An Innovative Approach to Bridging the Parallel Reality of DEI
The “Great Pause” of 2020 revealed that most of our biases exist in a “Parallel Reality.” As a result, we are discovering that it is impossible to change what we do not understand. This dynamic and engaging one-hour webinar is designed to examine and discuss an innovative approach to moving beyond our biases and to understanding how to promote diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces.
- Diversity & Inclusion Awareness Week: Become an Ally Tuesday
Are you struggling with how to best show up as an ally to diverse groups in the rental-housing industry? As Maya Angelou said, “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” Join Marci French learn about to become a better ally in the workplace.
- NAA & NMHC Policy Briefing: FEMA National Flood Insurance Program Risk Rating 2.0
FEMA is updating the NFIP risk rating methodology through the implementation of a new pricing methodology called Risk Rating 2.0 – Equity in Action, set to take effect on October 1, 2021, for any new NFIP policy issued and for those renewing on or after April 1, 2022.
- Diversity & Inclusion Awareness Week: DE&I as a Forethought: Practical Insights & Strategies for Leaders
Through a highly engaging, forward-thinking program, leaders will understand how the practice of DEI empowers leaders to build & cultivate consciously inclusive & equitable cultures through renewed mindset, attitude, behaviors, & action. Learn more about how DEI benefits your organization and identify how to overcome roadblocks along the way.
- Diversity & Inclusion Awareness Week: How NAA Members are Taking Action to Create Inclusive Workplaces
Many organizations wish to foster a diverse and inclusive workforce, but don’t know where to start. In this webinar, you will hear from four leaders in the rental-housing industry as they describe the planning, programs and progress of their organizations to achieve this imperative. This webinar is intended as a panel discussion to be very interactive and a forum for all your questions. October 15
- The State of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in NAA Member Organizations
T. H. Easter Consulting will review the findings of the DE&I survey they recently conducted among our members and share an evidenced-based approach for making DE&I a reality in organizations.
- EVs at Apartments: Navigating Technology Trends and Implementation
Join industry owners/managers and experts in exploring the demand for EVs at rental-housing properties and understanding how EVs are part of a comprehensive energy strategy.
- Real Recognition™ in the Rental Housing Industry: The Power to Motivate Your Employees
Property owners, developers, and managers: Discover how giving meaningful, frequent, and effective recognition transforms people’s lives and elevates their performance.
- Leading with a Growth Mindset
Learn about personal branding, resiliency and the mindset and skills needed to be a successful and agile leader.
- ApartmentVision: Create a Renter Journey with Tech-Driven Leasing
Self-guided tours have been a game changer throughout the pandemic, but is this an enduring solution for the ever-evolving demands of renters, property owners and operators? Find out key insights for tech-driven challenges and solutions.
- Creating Meaningful and Sustainable DE&I Programs: Not Just “Checking the Box”
As the national discussion on diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) continues, companies must focus on creating meaningful and sustainable programs that develop initiatives, metrics and policies that do more than just check the DE&I boxes.
- NAA’s Inflation Tracker: Cutting Through the Noise
Learn about price trends, their impact on the economy and the industry, and what to expect during the second half of 2021.
- Lessons Learned from the Surfside Condo Collapse
Hear from two engineering experts and ask questions on how your organization can reduce the likelihood of having a similar destructive event that, like Surfside, could have been prevented.
- Showing Love: Resident Engagement and Appreciation from COVID-19 and Beyond
Learn the latest examples from the pandemic for celebrating residents, fostering engagement, increasing retention, and enhancing a sense of community.
- ApartmentVision: It’s Leasing Season – Is Your Business Protected from Fraud?
Few things have weathered this pandemic, but 95% of property management companies have trouble identifying or preventing fraud. Learn how to protect yourself and shed light on fraud.
- Find Your Dream Career as an Independent Rental Owner
Learn about the career opportunities available as an Independent Rental Owner.
- Diversify Your Mindset: A 360-Degree View for Diversity & Inclusion within Rental Housing
Learn how to take a 360-degree view – encompassing new hires, staff, leadership, peers, suppliers, and residents – to create effectively diverse and inclusive workplaces in rental housing.
- Apartment and Energy Providers Meet the Moment Together
What are the most promising energy-related opportunities and how can the two industries better collaborate to capture them?
- Illumination Proclamation – A Fireside Chat about Disability and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Disabled does not mean unable. Learn how disability fits in the discussion of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- 2nd Virtual IRO Summit presented by NAA and Yardi Breeze
Value-packed, IRO-focused sessions from industry experts and IRO leaders, including navigating the eviction moratorium, marketing tips, and fraud prevention.
- Debt Collection and Consumer Reporting During COVID-19: What You Need to Know!
Enhance your understanding of debt collection and consumer reporting laws that have arisen from this public-health emergency, while optimizing your organization’s recovery practices.
- Stress Mastery: From Feeling Stuck to Feeling Free
Learn to use stress as a lens to see your current reality and the true cost of resisting changes you really desire.
- 5 Ways to Increase Resident Retention with Enhanced Communication
With all so many concerns, property management companies are seeking tech solutions that replace traditional messaging and communication systems. Register today to learn 5 key ways to increase your resident retention.
- Words Matter - Navigating and Understanding Diversity Terms and Phrases
Your words matter. Learn to navigate and understand diversity terms and phrases to avoid negative interactions and create more positive conversations.
- Mindfulness Techniques: Embrace the Present Moment
Learn about mindset, mindfulness practices, and affirmations and how these techniques together can allow you to embrace the atmosphere around you in a different way.
- Successful Key Management Policy in 2021: Protecting People, Places and Profit
Explore how to ensure industry compliance and customer satisfaction through key management policies that protect employees, residents and your financial position, regardless of property size, in 2021.
- Celebrating Black History Month in Rental Housing
We will celebrate Black History Month by celebrating Black leaders and their contributions to rental housing. We will showcase success stories and highlight challenges black professionals face as we continue to build on these achievements to create a more inclusive workplace.
- 2021 NAA Best Places to Work Overview and Instructions
Learn the rules, process and guidelines, plus ask questions and get helpful tips for your nomination.
- Battling the Pandemic: The Impact of Vaccines on Apartment Employees
The COVID-19 vaccine rollout means that the rental housing industry apartment communities will have decisions to make regarding their approach to vaccine policies.
- The Path Forward: Building Community through Hybrid Amenity Spaces
In the latest ApartmentVision Webinar, learn strategies for managing amenity spaces, activating programming and strengthening community ties within apartment communities moving forward.
- The Value of Green Leasing
Hear from multifamily organizations about their experiences leveraging green leases to engage commercial tenants in their energy efficiency goals. You will learn about resources from DOE’s Green Lease Leaders program and the Urban Land Institute that can help your company pursue high-performance status for your multifamily properties.
- GART Presents: NAA Leaders Take on the Greatest Legislative Threats to The Industry Join us as we kick off the 2021 GART Virtual Learning Series with an esteemed panel of industry leaders as they share their diverse perspectives on the biggest legislative, regulatory and legal threats to the management and development of rental housing.
- 2020 IRO Summit Presented by Yardi
Join us for this exclusive update just for Independent Rental Owners (IROs).
- ApartmentVision Webinar: How Tech Can Boost Property NOI
In the latest ApartmentVision Webinar, learn how technology can help you in your day-to-day management of staff productivity, reduced operating expenses and the resident experience.
- Preparing for the Top 2021 Marketing Trends
In the latest ApartmentVision Webinar, learn why it’s important for your marketing strategy to be localized.
- Exploring the Hidden Costs of MRO Procurement
Managing Maintenance Repair Operations (MRO) materials within your facility can require a considerable amount of effort and ultimately consume a lot of your time!
- Vendor Discussion – Grow Your Revenue through Supplier Diversity
Learn how supplier diversity can bring value to your organization.
- Turn Resident Challenges Into Solutions They’ll Tell Their Friends About
Our residents' new reality is full of challenges no one could have foreseen. However, for every problem, there is an opportunity for a solution, and that solution is one that only YOU can provide to your residents. Let’s discuss the solutions we want our residents to tell their friends about.
- Multiculturalism in Rental Housing
With a perpetually changing property management landscape, it is more important than ever to be the first to understand how to navigate the multicultural demographic shift.
- Five Must-Do Project Steps for Industry Professionals
Whether you’re looking to redecorate a model apartment or add amenities, you need a plan and the tools to get it done and done right the first time.
- NAA Insurance Center
Learn more about NAA's newest program, aimed to provide you with access to high-quality and cost-effective health solutions.
- GART Presents: Eviction Moratoria, Advocacy Strategies and Insights
A discussion of advocacy strategies and introduction of new NAA research to help government affairs professional and association staff improve the effectiveness of your eviction-related advocacy.
- Inclusive Communities Improve Resident Living Experiences
We know that inclusive communities have a major impact on the lived experiences of those who call our communities home. Inclusive communities create a space where residents feel valued, safe and understood.
- Chatbots: A Driving Force for Rental Housing Marketers
A key marketing channel has emerged for rental housing marketers: chatbots!
- Ritz Carlton Service on a Motel 6 Budget
Due to unplanned expenses related to COVID-19 and lack of funds from resident collections, owners are forced to reduce budgeted expenses. So how do we continue to provide a great resident experience on a limited or non-existent budget?
- NAA Insurance Center
Learn more about NAA’s newest program, aimed to provide you with access to high-quality and cost-effective health solutions.
- Understanding the CDC’s Eviction Moratorium
90-minute webinar to learn the latest about the CDC’s Eviction Moratorium Order.
- Leadership in an Era of Social Turbulence
Social turbulence is a necessary evil of societal growth. Take the first steps in understanding how social turbulence affects your business and how your organization can be successful through diversity and inclusion.
- GART Presents: Forming Non-Traditional Partnerships During COVID-19
The second installment of the GART Virtual Learning Series delves into the power of relationships and stakeholder engagement.
- Women, Diversity, Growth and Leadership in Rental Housing
An analysis of 165 equity REITs found that companies with more women on their boards achieved higher average price and total returns than those with no female representation. Creating career advancement strategies is key for women to advance and grow into leadership positions in rental housing.
- How to Leverage the Technology Transforming Real Estate
With employees working remotely, keeping projects, decisions, and efficiencies all moving in the right direction are difficult.
- GART Presents: Crafting a Rental Assistance Program During the COVID-19 Crisis
Attend the 2020 Government Affairs Roundtable (GART) Virtual Learning Series. During the first session, we will explore how to optimize federal, state and local funding sources and implement a successful rental assistance program. These programs should support both renters and housing providers who rely on these funds equally.
- Color & Design: Trends Forecast
There are many key factors shaping the development of the rental housing environment. Learn how social and cultural shifts influence today’s residents and will have a better understanding of what the tenants are seeking for their own living environments.
- Forging a Path Forward to Becoming a Diverse, Equitable and Inclusive Organization
People are ready for real action, not only in our homes, but also in our workplaces. Creating equity and fostering diversity and inclusion in company cultures will mean the difference between a company’s new beginning or demise.
- Future-Proof Your Business: Succession Planning for IRO’s
Future-proofing your business with a proper succession plan is an essential strategy for the legacy of your organization.
- Diversity Equity Inclusion: Implications for Managing Diverse Teams
In this webinar, Dr. Robert Crouch, will discuss how diversity, equity and inclusion are important guidelines for leaders and rental housing professionals to follow.
- Short Term Rentals in a Post-Pandemic World
As we continue to cope with this pandemic, the world continues to evolve with this ever-changing landscape. Join us for the latest innovations in rental housing hospitality, specifically on short-term rentals.
- 5 Surprising Lockdown Behaviors to Bring Back to the Office
With lockdown restrictions lifting, it is imperative for all employees to apply the lessons learned while working remotely. This webinar, “Five Surprising Lockdown Behaviors to Bring Back to the Office” will provide employees with a blueprint of efficiency to follow upon their return.
- Introduction to Apartment Finance
A commanding knowledge of “value management” enables a property manager to impact the value of the investment and affect the day to day decision making on value. This session will provide you with the tools to understand investment management strategies better than ever before.
- Candid Conversations on Racism within the Rental Housing Industry
Take the first steps to understanding and implementing diversity and inclusion programs in your organization. Register today and learn more from other NAA members and a diversity and inclusion specialist.
- Renters and The Pandemic: An Inside Look at the Resident Experience
With the ever-changing definition of “business as usual,” insights are critical to build new strategies to attract and retain renters. This webinar uncovers how expectations have changed for renters due to the pandemic. The National Apartment Association will also present recent findings from its monthly owner/operator survey.
- Organizational Resilience: Building a Culture to Navigate Uncertain Times
During these uncertain times, it is more important than ever for the rental housing industry to bring awareness and best practices for building a resilient organization with a strong culture.
- Fair Housing & Beyond Virtual Webinar
Fair housing violations continue to present day-to-day issues within the rental housing community. Join us for a virtual webinar to be prepared for today’s issues in fair housing.
- Working with Loan Servicers During the COVID-19 Emergency
COVID-19’s impacts on our industry continue to be dramatic. Housing providers are looking at all potential scenarios for managing the financial health of their properties.
- The COVID-19 Pandemic: Assessing Impacts on The Economy, Household Sentiment and the Apartment Market
The coronavirus pandemic has profoundly impacted all aspects of daily life in the U.S. Join us for an in-depth webinar presentation that will explore the outlook for the U.S. economy, household behavior, market-level performance and key findings from a recent NAA survey.
- ApartmentVision Webinar: Attract Residents: Upgrades that Solve Rental Housing Pain Points
Today’s property managers are tasked with meeting the demands of today’s tech-savvy residents, while prioritizing security. In this webinar, learn how you can make improvements to package delivery, streamline access control via mobile access and other smart home trends that can attract future residents.
- Tax Resources for Weathering the COVID-19 Emergency
Recently enacted laws provide rental housing providers access to resources through the tax code that can help them preserve their business, retain employees and be better positioned for success once the COVID-19 emergency passes.
- Human Trafficking in Rental Housing
Human trafficking in the rental housing industry is an important issue and it’s our goal to bring awareness and best practices for our members.
- What Employers Should Be Considering During the Coronavirus Pandemic
NAA is pleased to offer a webinar aimed to provide much-needed guidance for rental housing professionals during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Managing Mold: An Overview of NAA's Newly Revised Mold Action Toolkit
NAA released an updated version of the NAA Mold Action Toolkit, A Best Practice for Owners & Managers. This document contains a compilation of resources from NAA, government agencies and private contributors that will assist your company in managing mold issues at your apartment communities.
- Coronavirus Outbreak: What Real Estate Managers Need to Know
Join managers from both rental housing and commercial management for a live panel discussion on addressing the spread of the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and developing policies and procedures around this infectious disease.
- Leveraging Your LinkedIn Profile
LinkedIn has really changed, and Anne Pryor will share what’s new and what to do now to get known and grow your profile, community, and gain new tenants.
- Vacation Rentals for IROs
Do you want to know the secret to successfully own, operate and market a vacation rental for maximum profit? In this webinar, learn how to properly select your market, how to advertise the property and how to keep it full booked and operational.
- Renters Count: The Apartment Industry and the 2020 Census
Learn how you can help promote responses to the 2020 Census from audiences that are historically less likely to respond. When renters are undercounted, as they have been historically, they lose out on critical funding opportunities that can have a positive impact in their lives.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Be A Part of the Solution
We hear a lot about diversity and inclusion, but how can it apply to you? Understanding how you became the person you are today and how this influences the way you think and act is the first step.
- Industry Essentials Webinar
NAA hosted a webinar with by Alex Jackiw, CAPS, CPM that features trends affecting rental housing, economic threats and a real estate outlook for 2025.
- Don’t Get Eaten by Sharks: Litigation Avoidance
Are your policies and practices the best they can be? Don’t miss out on the opportunity to learn best practices on how to avoid litigation.