About the CAM Exam
Before You Test: Important Things to Note
- The CAM Exam is given at affiliate testing centers or via live online proctoring.
- The Candidate Handbook includes detailed instructions on how the exams run and important information regarding the rules and regulations of testing administration.
- ELIGIBILITY CODES UNLOCK THE EXAMS. Once you receive your code from your local apartment association (or NAAEI for online candidates), please be sure to keep your Eligibility Code with you when you are ready to schedule the exam. Eligibility Codes are unique to each student and are the key to unlocking the Castle scheduling site.
- Please note: Your NAA User ID is not your eligibility code; you must obtain the code from your course sponsor.
- When you are logged into the CASTLE Worldwide Testing System, verify your information before proceeding.
CAM Exam: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are the questions going to be random?
Yes, all of the questions will be randomized.
Is there a running clock/timer on the screen?
Yes, there is a running clock and a calculator on the screen.
How many questions are on the exam and how long is it?
The CAM exam consists of 185 questions and is timed for four hours.
Can students take the test at home?
Yes. CAM students can schedule their exams at their local apartment associations or with a live online proctor, who will monitor the testing process via a webcam. Read more about live online proctoring here.
Are proctors required?
Yes. All CAM exams are proctored.
What is the fee for the Candidate Handbook?
The Candidate Handbook is available on the NAA website and can be downloaded for free.
Is the sample test real questions?
Sample questions are available in the Candidate Handbook. NAAEI also has made "Skill Checks" from each curriculum available as a study guide for students. This material is free of charge and downloadable from the Candidate Resources page. The CAM practice test is available to familiarize candidates with the testing environment. Questions on the practice test should not be used as a study guide for the exam.
When will I get my results?
You will get your results immediately after taking the exam. It is important to have valid and up-to-date information so NAAEI can provide you your results. Update your information.
When will my local association be notified that I have passed an exam?
Your local association will receive your score through a report that is sent to them.
How many times can I take the test?
Candidates may sit for the test as many times as they want until they pass the exam, however there is a seven day waiting period between testing times.
What is the retesting fee?
The retesting fee for the CAM exam is $100.
What if I require special accommodations when taking a designation exam?
Please contact NAAEI at 703-518-6141 for questions and submit a Request for Accommodation Form at least 30 days prior to your test date.
Who do I contact if I have technical questions related to the CASTLE Worldwide Testing System?
For technical problems related to the CASTLE Worldwide testing platform, please contact CASTLE Worldwide directly at 919-572-6880 during their normal business hours, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday.
Have more questions?
Contact the NAAEI staff.