Diversity & Inclusion Resources
D&I Webinar Series
Starting in July 2020, NAA will be hosting monthly webinars on a variety of Diversity & Inclusion topics. These webinars are 60-90 minutes in length and complementary to all NAA members. Please monitor the D&I webinar schedule regularly, as new webinars are continuously being added.
If you are interested in presenting an upcoming D&I webinar, apply to host a webinar.
July 16, 11:00 a.m. ET
Candid Conversations on Racism within the Rental Housing Industry
Take the first steps to understanding and implementing diversity and inclusion programs in your organization.
July 29, 11:00 a.m. ET
Diversity Equity Inclusion: Implications for Managing Diverse Teams
In this webinar, Dr. Robert Crouch, will discuss how diversity, equity and inclusion are important guidelines for leaders and rental housing professionals to follow.
August 19, 11:00 a.m. ET
Forging a Path Forward to Becoming a Diverse, Equitable and Inclusive Organization
In this engaging discussion, panelists will share what they and their companies have done and what is on their roadmap for the future. Attendees will gain insights, best practices and tactics for creating equity and fostering diverse workplaces and inclusive cultures.
September 9, 11:00 a.m. ET
Women, Diversity, Growth and Leadership in Rental Housing
In this webinar, panelists will share strategies on how companies can create pathways for career advancement from the leasing team to the executive level.
Other Online Courses
View online webinars and courses available on Visto.
- Unconscious Bias: Understanding Bias to Unleash Potential
- Webinar: Diversity & Inclusion - Be A Part of the Solution
- Diversity & Inclusion
View booklists that present a variety of books on the subject of diversity and inclusion.
- NAA's Diversity & Inclusion Committee Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Booklist
- Racial Equity Tools Book and Film List
View articles from NAA's units magazine on the subject of diversity and inclusion in the rental housing industry.
- Boston-based Barkan Management Recognized for its Workplace Diversity
- Overcoming Leadership Barriers and Bias
- The Impact of Culture on Retention and Recruitment
- Program Helps to Solve Staffing Shortages for Skilled Maintenance Techs
- The ROI From Investing in Company Culture
- When Two or More Women Are Up for the Job
- What to Do with Progress Stoppers in Your Organization
- Employee Retention and Marketing Among Top Management Goals for 2019
- Winning the Fight for Talent
Podcast & Videos
Browse a curated list of podcasts and videos that were recommened by NAA's Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
- Greystar's People and Culture Podcast Interview with Israel Carunungan
- A Conversation on Hidden Bias Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Episode 1: The Fight for a True Democracy
- Mellody Hobson: Color Blind or Color Brave?
Other Web Resources
View other web resources that were recommended by NAA's Diversity & Inclusion Committee.