COVID-19 Advocacy and Regulatory Compliance Resources
An eviction moratorium by itself will devastate the apartment industry and does nothing to protect apartment communities and the 17.5 million jobs supported by the industry. We must have a robust rental assistance program!
For more information about the laws and regulations affecting the rental housing industry, view the policy issue pages.
Eviction Restrictions and Related Renter Protections
- NAA Guidance on CDC Order Temporarily Halting Certain Evictions and Webinar
- White House Orders HUD to Halt Foreclosures and Evictions
- FHA and FHFA Announce Single-Family Moratoria Extended Until December 31
- NAA CARES Act Eviction Moratorium FAQs
- HUD Guidance on the CARES Act Eviction Moratorium
- HUD COVID-19 Guidance for owners/agents of FHA-insured Multifamily Properties
- HUD COVID-19 Guidance for owners/agents of Multifamily Assisted Project-Based Rental Assistance, Section 232 and Section 811 Properties
- Per HUD, multifamily borrowers receiving extended forbearance must inform all residents of the prohibition against eviction solely for non-payment of rent.
- FHFA Eviction and Renter Protections for Multifamily Properties in Forbearance
Eviction Legal Resources
- Forms for Payment Plan Agreement and Notice of Temporary Waiver of Late Fees
- The Latest Court Closures and Restrictions
- Business Relief in the CARES Act
- IRS Addresses Tax Implications Amid COVID-19 Relief
- Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service, Employee Retention Credit
- NAA’s Analysis – FHFA’s mortgage relief for property owners
- Fannie Mae’s updated multifamily rules
- Freddie Mac’s plan for multifamily
- Access FHA-issued guidance
Business Relief Programs
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Eligibility
- Webinar – NAA tackles common PPP questions
- Federal Reserve Takes Additional Actions to Support the Economy
Use the clickable state map below to find updates on state and local regulatory responses to COVID-19.