CAM Knowledge Check: Industry Essentials
Navigate to additional CAM Knowledge Check modules:
This content is also available as a PDF.
1. What percentage of Americans lives in rental housing?
2. When renters decide where to rent, what three primary factors of locationdo they consider?
- Proximity to work, schools, stores, etc.
- Proximity to public transportation
3. When renters decide to rent, what 2 primary factors of life circumstance do they consider?
- Flexibility and ability to move easily
- Reluctance to maintain a house
4. As a CAM, what do your knowledge, skills, and decisions directly contribute to?
The financial success and value of a property
5. What term describes an investment to increasing in value?
6. What other factors impact investments?
- Risk: The possibility of losing some of an initial investment
- Income: The expected financial return from an investment
- Liquidity: The ease with which an asset can be converted to cash
7. When playing the role of an investor advocate, who is included?
8. When playing the role of an resident advocate, who is included?
9. What is the key to advocating for all groups?
Maintain ethics and balance
10. What types of affordable housing are available?
- Section 8
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC)
- Workforce Housing
11. What types of senior housing are available to people over 55?
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Full Service or Continuing Senior Care
12. In what type of housing do residents own a “share” of the property and occupy a unit as if they were owners?
13. What are the differences among mid, low, and high rise apartment buildings?
- A low rise has 4 stories or fewer
- A mid-rise has 5-10 stories
- A high rise has more than 10 stories
14. What is a corporate apartment?
A fully furnished apartment equipped with all necessary amenities.