NAA offers a variety of educational formats to ensure there’s something for everyone. Attend Friday's General Session and you could be in the drawing to win a $5,000 cash prize! You must be present to win!
Wednesday, June 26
Mindbugs: The Ordinary Origins of Implicit Bias
Over millennia, our brains have learned to make hundreds of thousands of decisions without our even being aware of the choices being made. This is the heart of the biases that influence every interaction you have with other human beings. Learn from the “Project Implicit” research group on how you can better understand the underlying beliefs that drive your actions, as well as receive information about the Implicit Association Test (IAT).
- Define implicit bias and the unconscious reactions that influence every human interaction.
- Learn how the IAT reflects and measures your own biases.
- Apply your new awareness of implicit bias knowledge to positively impact your personal and business interactions.
Friday, June 28
10 Tips to Quickly and Efficiently Handle Your People Issues
- Assess any areas of the HR space for which they need additional guidance.
- Understand the basics of when to contact and partner with the company's HR team.
- Understand a few legal areas of employment law that lead to the most consternation in the supervisor-employee relationship.