September 13, 2016 |
Updated August 4, 2021
Happy apartment staff members help keep residents happy, which can mean higher occupancy rates and lower turnover costs. In other words: Company culture matters.
In addition, a good workplace environment is of particular importance to the largest sector of todays workforcemillennials.
Here are a few of the things millennials are looking for in their workplace culture, which older employees will surely appreciate, too:
- Pay attention to work-life balance. Do employees need to check email after work hours? If so, think about changing that.
- Invest in employee growth. Allow employees to take advantage of professional development opportunities, such as online courses or conferences.
- Offer advancement opportunities. If theres a path to promotion, clearly communicate with employees about what is expected to reach that level.
- Provide mentors. Mentorships not only help recently hired employees to navigate a new job, but can also help veteran staff members feel more connected to the company.
- Focus on social responsibility. Encouraging employees to volunteer together can help employees feel good about the company and closer to their colleagues.