|| Turning Satisfied Residents Into Loyal Ones
In today's competitive multifamily housing marketplace, the push is on to step up marketing efforts to current residents. The goal is not just to build apartment communities full of "satisfied residents," but ones with a plethora of "loyal residents." What's the difference between the two? Shellie Albosta, Vice President of Marketing for CWS Apartment Homes, breaks it down for us.
| READ MORE |
| "Does Sex Sell?" and Other Important Questions |
Several questions and ideas were shared recently on NAA Connect that were aimed at getting marketing and leasing brains working. They ranged from "Does sex sell apartments?" to "Is Email Dead? to "[How to] Leverage the Selfie Photo Trend as a Marketing Tool." The answers and ensuing discussions may surprise you.
| READ MORE |
Units That Are The Cat's Meow
In assessing the annual costs and benefits from allowing pets, FIREPAW, Inc. found that the amount apartment owners spend on advertising their rental units was lower for pet-friendly housing at $15 per unit compared to $32 per unit for other housing. In addition, owners needed to spend less than half the amount of time marketing pet-friendly apartments.
Ignore Your Competition When Using Google Adwords
Record numbers of businesses are using Google Adwords, but there is a danger in focusing too much on the competition while jockeying for the No. 1 spot in one's market. Columnist Joshua Steimle urges more emphasis to be placed on conversions. "A conversion is not just when someone clicks your ad and comes to your website," he writes, "but when they do what you want them to do on your website."
Extinguishing Crime on the Job
A gunman recently tried to rob the rental office at the Vista Village Apartment in Cincinnati's Mount Airy neighborhood. But he fled after being sprayed with a fire extinguisher by 72-year-old employee Cheryl Arnold. A few months earlier, a representative of Silco Fire & Security put the fire extinguisher without a clip by Arnold's desk and said to use it if she were ever in trouble. She concluded, "I would recommend that everyone get a fire extinguisher. Maybe a couple. It is safer than a gun."
Lincoln Property Company
LPC Leasing Professionals are very sales and service driven. They are the first impression to the client and must present a professional image. This position requires good organizational, communication, and basic mathematical skills. It will also require an individual who is assertive and that has the ability to close a sale. Must be willing to work flexible hours/days/weekends. There is no previous property management experience required, however, sales experience and/or a customer service background is desirable.
EDUCATION: A high school education or equivalent is required (college hours preferred)
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS
• Tour apartments with clients
• Lease and pre-lease apartments
• Complete lease/renewal paperwork
• Explain lease information to the client
• Entering results data into a computer system
• Walk apartments and community
• Assist with resident and employee relations
Alliance Residential Company
How do you see your future? If you picture your future with you making an impact by helping individuals find a home where they can feel carefree and create many happy memories with their friends and families, then Alliance is the right place for you. We are looking for a Business Manager to join our team who will ensure all aspects of the luxury property are performing at optimum levels to achieve the highest Net Operating Income possible. Come join our team and inspire others!
The Role. As our Business Manager you’ll be expected to bring your business knowledge, entrepreneurial spirit and passion for innovation and performance when performing the tasks below.
The Key Responsibilities. •Lead and inspire all on-site personnel •Coordinate leasing and marketing activities •Complete market analysis on regular basis •Manage resident relations activities •Preparation and management of property budgets
The Basics. •Excellent communication skills both verbal and written •Exceptional organizational skills •Innovative marketing skills and abilities •Strong mathematical abilities and experience reading community financials •Excellent customer service skills
Multi-Family Property Regional Manager
Broder & Sachse Real Estate Services
Broder & Sachse Real Estate Services are seeking a Regional Manager to oversee a portfolio of apartment units, properties, and staff members. Knowledge of property management operations, budget management, marketing and leasing, landlord/tenant relations, as well as maintenance & repair, construction/ renovation projects, and every other aspect of managing apartment projects.
• Direct the operations, marketing and performance of multiple communities in Michigan, through site managers and other staff.
• Implement policies and procedures to ensure successful operations and a positive work environment.
• Create and manage budgets and financial operations.
• Produce monthly, quarterly and yearly reports.
• Create a strong marketing program for all properties.
• Bachelors degree
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience
• Ability to lead a team managing a portfolio of 5-7 properties
• Student housing experience required
Our Leasing Consultants are people who make a big impact in many small ways - a friendly smile, a welcoming handshake, a genuine interest in the people walking through the property office door. Our Leasing Consultants create a positive and lasting influence on visitors, prospects and residents, and understand the importance of first impressions. As a Leasing Consultant, you manage your own success by attaining leasing goals, such as occupancy and rent growth, and by building rapport with prospects and residents.
• Generate interest in the community by touring the property with prospects as you answer questions about the numerous amenities, local community and beautiful grounds.
• Drive the sale by highlighting the quality of the community and the lifestyle available Pinnacle apartment home.
• Assist prospects in qualifying for an apartment home by collecting appropriate information and initiating background checks.
• Ensure apartments are prepared for move-in.
• Deliver unmatched service to residents to exceed their expectations, while maintaining resident retention.
• You will also use your attention to detail, planning and organizing skills to perform required office activities and coordinate paperwork related to apartment home rentals.
Get to the Head of the Class at the 2014 NAA Student Housing Conference & Exposition
Position yourself at the top of the expanding student housing sector and learn how to better understand the next generation of residents by attending the 2014 NAA Student Housing Conference & Exposition. With two full days of high-caliber education sessions, and exposition hours, you’ll be ready to move to the top of the class.READ MORE
||The National Apartment Association (NAA) is America's leading advocate for quality rental housing. NAA's mission is to serve the interests of multifamily housing owners, managers, developers and suppliers and maintain a high level of professionalism in the multifamily housing industry to better serve the rental housing needs of the public.
National Apartment Association - 4300 Wilson Blvd, Suite 400, Arlington, VA 22203
703/518-6141 FAX: 703/248-9440 | Contact Us | Advertise