Hearing Sir Richard Branson’s take on innovation, watching the audience sit entranced as Janice Driver drew on her law enforcement background to present ways to better communicate, the opening night Rock the Block party and close to 200 veterans who took part in our first NAAEI Military Career Fair – those are just a few of the items that make up my own top 10 list from last month’s NAA Education Conference and Exposition.
A more important list is one that reflects the interests of those attending the conference. For that, we look to some of the most highly attended education sessions at the conference. It’s based on the estimated attendance we recorded for each of the conference sessions. We are focusing here on the education sessions, not on the thought leader and general sessions.
As you take a look at the list, remember that the complete REWIND package of audio and video recordings of education sessions can be ordered for $299.99. These recordings offer a great way for everyone – whether they attended the NAA Education Conference or not – to still benefit from the knowledge that was shared in San Diego. The recordings can be easily watched (listened to) during staff meetings or periodic employee trainings.
Starting Aug. 1, you will be able to purchase individual recordings or by session tracks, such as legal, human resources or affordable housing. The complete list of topics may be seen at the website above. Prices vary based on the number of recordings included within each track.
Now, without further delay, take a look at the Top 10 Most Highly Attended Education Sessions at the 2013 NAA Education Conference and Exposition. The number in parentheses identifies the number of attendees at that session.
1. From Notepads to iPads: Marketing, Leasing and Resident Retention Ideas! (620)
2. Shifting Shoppers: The Convergence of Search, Social, Mobile & Reputation Management (560)
3. The New Age of Search: The Apartment Search Shake-Up (520)
4. “Dear Nike, Can We Borrow that Idea?' Applying Lessons from Global Brands to Apartment Marketing (490)
5. 'Put me in coach, I'm ready to lead': Using Coaching Strategies to Grow Effective Teams (480)
6. From Pro Forma to Performance: How to Make Your New Asset Hum in the First 90 Days (475)
7. Moving from “Chance” to “Choice” - Keys to Developing a Treasure Chest of Great Talent (433)
8. Leadership for Today - From Star to Superstar (430)
9. The Likability Factor (360)
10. You Got The Moves Like Jagger? Real Strategies to Capture the Market of “Gen Boomer Consumer” (280)
While it’s hard to draw too many conclusions about the list, one thing does appear to be clear – technology has changed how we market our properties to new residents and how we provide value to current residents so that they keep renewing leases. One observation that is pleasantly surprising is that many of us are looking for ways to better train our employees and strategies for developing talent within our organizations.
Whether you’re training new or experienced staff, don’t forget about the resources and training available through NAAEI and our local affiliates. You can find a course in your area using our website. Also, be sure to check out our many online programs.