Get your picture taken with President and Mrs. Obama with the Oval Office in the background! Your photo op with cardboard cutouts of the President and First Lady will be one of many activities in the NAA Advocacy Lounge from Tuesday through Friday at the NAA Education Conference. The lounge will be located in the San Diego Convention Center lobby adjacent to the conference registration area.
Since education is the key to being an effective advocate for the apartment industry, the NAA Advocacy Lounge will be THE place to be! Join us to:
- Learn how the new public relations campaign website – www.WeAreApartments.org – can be your “go-to” place for building the case for apartments in your community. The site navigates users through an interactive experience showing how communities grow stronger through apartment jobs, dollars and residents. The site also features an interactive map of apartment information for all 50 states along with a one-of-a-kind calculator to determine the potential economic contribution of any apartment development to a particular state.
- Find out about the new PR campaign which includes print, digital and radio ads that have been running in Politico and major Washington, D.C.-based news radio stations. NAA affiliated associations and member companies are encouraged to use the campaign in their communities.
- Advocate for the industry at the Legislative Action Center. Use the economic impact data from www.WeAreApartments.org to tell your Senators how apartments strengthen the economy in your state.
- Win an original Erik Wahl masterpiece. Guess the number of pennies in the jar in this Wahl to Wall Advocacy campaign and you could win your own painting. The winner will be announced at the NAA Assembly of Delegates meeting. Thank you to Azuma Leasing for donating this masterpiece.
- Contribute to the iDonate to iWin iRaffle. Join your peers as an apartment industry advocate for your chance to win an Apple suite of products valued at $1,500. Your contribution to the NAAPAC or the NAA Better Government Fund makes you eligible to win. Envelopes will be available at Thursday’s General Session and dropped off at the NAA Advocacy Lounge. The winner will be announced at Saturday’s NAA Awards Celebration with Bert Jacobs. You do not need to be present to win. Thank you to Valet Waste for this great opportunity!
- Be one of the first 500 people at the NAA Advocacy Lounge and you can receive a flashing LED bracelet that says “Apartment Advocate.”
We hope to see you there!