Working with a committee of industry executives, NAAEI conducted research to identify the areas of greatest need in the apartment industry relative to recruiting, training, leadership development, succession and retention of talent. We have now embarked on a multi-year campaign to raise $7.5 million to meet these needs by building a set of programs and services to support the identification and recruitment of qualified applicants, provide relevant skills training at all levels of employment and build a deep stream of capable leaders now and for the future.
$7.5 Million Will Fund Three Major Initiatives
Apartment Career Awareness & Recruitment
New Online Tools and Resources
- Build an Apartment Career e-Hub. All efforts to expand the industry by raising its profile to better educate and recruit new talent will lead to and from this online meeting place that links apartment companies and job seekers, offers training and career tools, acts as a springboard for outreach and awareness campaigns, and links students to Residential Property Management programs at colleges and universities.
- Earned and paid digital advertising will drive qualified traffic to the site.
Multi-level Employment Outreach Programs
- Execute a nationwide public relations and recruitment campaign targeting college students, transitioning military, adult learners, and career changers. The campaign will highlight the strength of, opportunities within, and benefits of a career in the apartment industry.
- Conduct an awareness program for HR professionals, alerting them to the pipelines of talent being created through NAAEI programs.
Leadership and Career Training Programs
- Deliver three new industry-customized leadership training programs built in partnership with renowned leadership development firms Gallup, Dale Carnegie, and FranklinCovey.
- Provide online education opportunities, including based learning, simulations, mobile learning, apps, and virtual classrooms to accelerate preparation for and advancement in apartment careers.
- Create workforce training and job placement programs for career seekers interested in community college apartment maintenance and leasing training programs.
- Place those who complete maintenance and leasing training programs in temp-to-hire positions.
We hope you will join us by investing in this vital campaign to strengthen our industry, and it’s most important assets … our people. For more information please contact Barbara Wolf at 703-797-0613.