The Independent Rental Owner Professional (IROP) credential program is offered to rental owners who manages their personally-held multifamily property or properties. The independent rental owner serves several roles in property management: public relations specialist, administrator, chief financial officer, marketing director and operations manager. Independent rental owners who take the IROP course will learn the many business practices of professional property managers and can now earn the IROP credential after completing the course of study and passing the online exam. With the help of other independent rental owners who devoted their time and expertise to this program, you will receive an "insider's view" of property ownership and management practices.
Independent Rental Owner Professional (IROP) includes:
- Media relations
- Personal safety
- Emergency response and disaster planning
- Human resource management
- Physical versus economic occupancy
- Alternative income opportunities
- Scheduling move-ins/outs
- Lease terminations (military and domestic violence situations)
- Key control
- Resident and neighbor relations
- Ownership and property management
- Preparing the property
- Rental agreements and leasing forms
- Moving in
- End of the lease
- Resident problems
- Resident retention
- Protecting your investment
- Section 8
Independent Rental Owner Professional (IROP) Requirements
IROP candidates must complete the following requirements to earn the IROP credential. Candidates must complete the coursework and exam within 12 months of declaring candidacy.
- Candidates may own rental property or plan to purchase rental property
- Successful completion of IROP course (12 hours)
- Passing IROP exam
Download the IROP Flyer.
The Independent Rental Owner Professional (IROP) course is offered as a webinar series.
Tuesdays: November 29, December 6 and December 13 from 1:00pm-4:30pm EST
The course is $349 for members or $499 for non-members. Module prices are $99 for members or $125 for non-members. Online students will receive course materials in a .pdf format.
About the IROP Exam
Learn more about the IROP exam.
For more information, contact NAAEI
at 703-518-6141 or your state or local affiliate.