There has never been a better time to consider a career in Residential Property Management.
It is a growing industry that brings with it increased need for talented, creative and passionate individuals to lead and support it. It’s a robust, dynamic and highly professional field, dedicated to helping people choose and enjoy the housing lifestyle that’s right for them.
RPM Careers Campaign
The National Apartment Association Education Institute (NAAEI) has launched a national campaign promoting careers in residential property management (RPM). As part of this effort, we are recruiting a diverse group of career “ambassadors” who can represent our industry to key target audience segments and help cultivate the next generation RPM workforce. Ambassadors will engage with people considering entry-level positions in the industry (leasing consultant, assistant community manager, maintenance technician), answer questions, and offer vital testimonials as real — and credible — professionals in our industry. Nominate an ambassador or contact us today.
Why consider a career in Residential Property Management (RPM)?
The average apartment community employs six onsite staff members, including a manager and assistant manager, leasing consultants and maintenance technicians. RPM careers offer competitive salaries and great benefits, as well as training opportunities and excellent room for growth because the industry has a history of promoting from within. And unlike many occupations, careers in the apartment industry are portable; the skills and experience gained working in an apartment community can easily be transferred to another community in another city. Check out this infographic that explains the benefits of choosing this career.
Use the tools and information at RPMcareers.org to find a job and get started in the apartment industry. Find job search tips and search for jobs in that match your skill set.
For hiring managers and companies, use RPMcareers.org/employers to recruit the best candidates to fill your positions and for insider recruitment tips.
Learn more about RPM Careers and our career development offerings:
- Learn more about the change from Apartment Careers to Residential Property Management (RPM) Careers
- Partnerships: NAAEI partners with several career development organizations, such as DECA.
- College and University Programs: Residential Property Management (RPM) is a major, minor and concentration that is offered by various colleges and universities, both in the classroom and online.
- Military Spouse Program: Several NAAEI designation programs are approved for the MyCAA pogram.
- Designation Programs: Earn one of the designations offered through NAAEI.
- NEW! Check out the newly updated RPM Career Brochures: Community Manager, Assistant Community Manager, Maintenance Technician and Leasing Consultant.