Apartment industry consultant Lisa Trosien uncovered a few strategies on how you can get more people to like you during her 2013 NAA Education Conference & Exposition session, titled "The Likeability Factor." In this "Lists" feature, five primary ways you can become a more "likeable" boss, employee, or every-day person are showcased.
Following are five ways you can become a more likable boss, employee, or every-day person.
- When in conversation, try to spur others to talk about themselves. Eliminate "I" from your end of the conversation. Agreement is so much better than conflict. Quick tip: Say "You're right" not "I Know."
- Only share content that people want. Don't waste others' time with trivial comments or minutiae. Quick tip: Serve up "snack" media (small bites of information). This is much more appetizing to your audience. Remember: They don't want big, long fattening meals of info.
- Ask yourself: "Would you rather work with a competent jerk or a 'likeable' fool?" What kind of colleague or supervisor are you?
- Keep in mind, people will walk away from great business offers just because they don't like the person they would have to work with if they made the deal.
- Remember, there will be days when you don't like yourself. You have to work at it. Every day. Yes, for some, this is hard.
Abstract News © Copyright 2013 INFORMATION, INC.