Thursday, July 11, 2013
When it comes to interacting with coworkers, there are certain things you just shouldn’t do.
1. Date them. For every story you hear about a couple meeting at work and falling madly in love, there are 10 stories of people who met at work, and then broke up, and then had to see each other every single day for eight hours. Most people don’t want to see their current boyfriend or...
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Look for app-ortunities that make life easier for you and your residents
I have a friend who’s nuts about apps. He’s always downloading the latest and greatest. Whenever we meet, he tells me about a new one he’s found. The last time we talked, he said, “So many apps, so little time.” Now that was a comment that stuck.
Apps… all these wonderfully creative...
Thursday, April 4, 2013
If HR used brute force and accessed my personal Facebook page, they would learn the following things about me:
1. Sometimes I wish I were traveling and not in work. Oh, the humanity!
2. My source of news is People.com.
3. I frequently travel—and take pictures—with a one-inch plastic baby boy affectionately known as D Money.
4. Last week I accidentally zippered a piece of neck skin...
Thursday, March 21, 2013
FOMO, fo’ sho.’
Translated into plain English, that’s “fear of missing out, for sure.”
As a Millennial, I admit to feeling this way at times—fearing that I’m missing out on something more exciting or fun than what I’m currently doing.
Social media plays a major role in this, of course. When you post a Facebook status proudly announcing that you...