Monday, April 22, 2013
Some annoying, temporary “residents” will soon come to communities located from the Carolinas to Connecticut. Their “stay” will be approximately six weeks, and they will likely be among the most memorable you will ever have.Red-eyed, noise-polluting insects referred to as Brood II cicadas, are fortunately, a cause for wonder and not a cause for concern, according to the National Pest Management...
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Twenty years ago, I was six. Naturally, a lot has changed since then.
1. I no longer secretly cut my bangs in the bathroom and then lie when my Mom asks why there is hair in the sink. Today, I do it out in the open with poultry shears. And because I am my own boss, I don’t have to lie to anyone.
2. Jell-O Pudding Pops have lost their allure. When I was six, pudding pops were pretty much the most...
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
In the Northwest, the change of seasons never seems so drastic until the first fresh, sunny day shines its light over Seattle. Consistent maintenance should be performed throughout the year, but sometimes things can fall through the cracks. There’s no better time to brush up on your property than in the spring. When it comes to spring maintenance, four factors that must be addressed are sunshine...
Thursday, April 4, 2013
If HR used brute force and accessed my personal Facebook page, they would learn the following things about me:
1. Sometimes I wish I were traveling and not in work. Oh, the humanity!
2. My source of news is People.com.
3. I frequently travel—and take pictures—with a one-inch plastic baby boy affectionately known as D Money.
4. Last week I accidentally zippered a piece of neck skin in my coat and...