Thursday, April 18, 2013
Twenty years ago, I was six. Naturally, a lot has changed since then.
1. I no longer secretly cut my bangs in the bathroom and then lie when my Mom asks why there is hair in the sink. Today, I do it out in the open with poultry shears. And because I am my own boss, I don’t have to lie to anyone.
2. Jell-O Pudding Pops have lost their allure. When I was six, pudding pops were pretty much the most...
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
In the Northwest, the change of seasons never seems so drastic until the first fresh, sunny day shines its light over Seattle. Consistent maintenance should be performed throughout the year, but sometimes things can fall through the cracks. There’s no better time to brush up on your property than in the spring. When it comes to spring maintenance, four factors that must be addressed are sunshine...
Thursday, April 4, 2013
If HR used brute force and accessed my personal Facebook page, they would learn the following things about me:
1. Sometimes I wish I were traveling and not in work. Oh, the humanity!
2. My source of news is People.com.
3. I frequently travel—and take pictures—with a one-inch plastic baby boy affectionately known as D Money.
4. Last week I accidentally zippered a piece of neck skin in my coat and...
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
When I was in high school I had an instructor whom often recited the line: "Those who fail to plan, plan to fail."
This time of year on our properties those words ring true on an annual basis. Currently several places of the country are just leaving the coldest of the winter months. We are also well into the budget for 2013 which allows us to begin to implement some of the items that were set out...