Department: Meeting and Expositions
Reports to: SVP, Meetings, Sales, & Communications
Direct Reports: 1
Status: Full-time, Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director of Conference Education Programming demonstrates a high level of diplomacy and independence as the sole project manager, managing the curriculum design, implementation and execution of a portfolio of programs consisting of an average of 30+ education programs for NAA conferences.
- Work in tandem with the conference chair in the development of program content, as well as demonstrating leadership in designing the program structure, and identifying and creating value added components to programs.
- Create and release of the Call for Presentations (CFP) vendors and manage through the delivery of session on site and post meeting /conference evaluations.
- Exercise relationship management while identifying, recruiting, supervising, directing and providing stewardship to 100+ speakers and volunteers throughout the year.
- Create an Education Session Review Subcommittee for NAA Education Conference & Exposition, NAA Student Housing Conference & Exposition and NAA Green Conference; establish and work with subcommittee members to manage the development of education tracks and select sessions to be delivered.
- Research and negotiate contracts with Thought Leader speakers for NAA Education Conference & Exposition and Keynote speakers for NAA Student Housing Conference & Exposition.
- Develop session descriptions and introductions for all education sessions for marketing and use onsite.
- Coordinate the content and speakers for all General sessions at NAA Student Housing Conference & Exposition.
- Manage the delivery of session presentations and any session recordings (audio/video) in coordination with the NAA Education Institute (NAAEI).
- Initiate and direct all onsite activities as the primary NAA representative; managing all area of conference operations, including; session process (i.e. speaker bios, photos, presentations, session description, session evaluations, etc), fiscal, contractual and interpersonal relationships.
- Develop, manages and reconciles, the budget for each assigned conference, ranging from $10,000 to $75,000 per meeting.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership/management, cooperatively and supportively while working with all volunteers.
- Manage Program Education Coordinator position.
- Act as Student Housing Conference Committee Staff Liaison. Prep co-chairs by pre-meeting conference calls, prepare talking points, produce minutes and manage any governance related materials and reports.
- Work with NAA’s SVP of Meetings, Sales & Communications on governance related meetings (attend meetings and provide applicable reports)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience, with minimum of 5 years of program management experience;
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership/management, cooperative and supportive skills when working with all volunteers.
- Exhibit high level of interpersonal skills, professionalism and communication skills;
- Travel throughout U.S. as required (approximately 10-15%) to execute conferences requiring some weekend travel;
- Demonstrated marketing and budget management experience;
- Demonstrated organizational skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Volunteer management experience
- iMIS proficiency
- Online software for Conference and Content Management proficiency
Please send resumes, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources. No phone calls, please. EOE M/F/H/V