- Use the 2014 PARAGON Awards Application Cover below for each submission. (Please submit one copy of the complete submission.)
- ALL PARAGON Entries MUST be submitted electronically. Hard copy submissions will not be accepted. Photos must be high-resolution (300 dpi or greater).
- All PARAGON Award entries in the Affiliated Association Awards category should be limited to one type-written page of description per criteria, and up to 10 pages of sample materials. Each criteria, with criteria title, should be listed on a separate sheet of paper. All materials must be submitted on 8 ½ x 11 inch paper.
- Submissions in each category are intended to apply to programs achieved during the previous year, 2013. Submissions may be for one program or series of programs.
*PARAGON Award winners are not eligible for consideration for the same program for 5 years.
All awards will be judged using the following criteria. Additional criteria for each award category follows.
- Goals and objectives of the program (1 page);
- Target audience for the program and the size of the target audience (1 page);
- Demonstration of program success and how that success was measured (1 page);
- Innovativeness of the program (1 page);
- Cost effectiveness of the program (1 page); and,
- Correlation of program materials with program goals and objectives (10 pages of materials maximum).
Communications Award Criteria
- Percentage of target audience reached by the program (1 page); and,
- Impact of the program as measured by target audience response to the program (1 page).
- Entries may include, but are not limited to: publications, newsletters, form letters, regular and special event promotions, and print and electronic media campaigns
Community Service Award Criteria
- Ability to attract member volunteers to participate in the program (1 page);
- Impact on the organization receiving the service (1 page); and,
- Public recognition of the association for community service (1 page).
- Entries may include, but are not limited to: resident relations programs, media promotions, public/private partnership programs, charity efforts and crime prevention activities
Education Award Criteria
- Timeliness of program delivery if in response to an emerging issue (1 page); and,
- Percentage of target audience reached by the program (1 page).
- Entries may include, but are not limited to: NAAEI designation programs, special seminars, workshops and panels, and professional development programs.
Government Affairs Award Criteria
- Degree of support or political opposition to program’s goals and objectives (1 page); and,
- Ability to identify other organizations sharing the same goals and build a coalition (1 page).
- Entries must focus on advocacy programs at either the local (city or county) or state level.
Membership Development Award Criteria
- Demonstration of growth in numbers of property management and vendor members (1 page);
- Demonstration of retention of property management and vendor members (1 page); and,
- Involvement of members in the execution of the program (1 page maximum).
- Entries may include, but are not limited to: recruitment programs, retention programs, new member orientations, special award programs, and member benefit programs.
Entries must be received by Monday, March 17, 2014.
Failure to address any listed criteria will result in entry disqualification.
All PARAGON Award Entries for the affiliate categories MUST be submitted electronically. Hard copy submissions will not be accepted.
Questions? Contact David Edwards at 703-797-0689703-797-0689.